Rfactor2 g27 throttle/brake problem

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by diegofv, Aug 5, 2013.

1. diegofv

diegofv Registered

Good morning,
    I have a G27 and I have a problem with the brake and throttle pedals because It is impossible to control them properly, when I begin to press the throttle the car begins to increase the rpm very quickly and when the throttle is half way the rpms are in the top limit, so it is impossible to drvie the cars. In the settings window of the game all is ok, when I push the throttle the green graphic increases linearily according to the pedal position but when I begin to race the throttle it is very sensitive and When it is pressed half way the gas is full.
    With the brake pedal happens exactly the same, in the settings window it works linearly but racing it is very sensitive and it is blocked very quickly (half way)
    With other games I have no problems and all the pedals work properly, does anybody know what is happening?
    Thank you.

2. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

I have T500RS set and I experience quite the same thing. It's a new problem, don't remember it happening before the latest two builds or so. The problem is fixed if you go to controller settings while in garage and push both your brake and throttle pedals few times before you go to a track. This calibrates pedals proberly and the input is right after this.

3. diegofv

diegofv Registered

In a few hours I will try to do what you said, I will let you know the results.
    Thank you very much

4. diegofv

diegofv Registered

I have tried to push few times the brake and the throttle in the garage before going to a track but the problem is not solved, both pedals continue working bad. I have installed the rfactor2 and the G27 in a new computer and it happens exactly the same, I do not know what more things can I do to try to solve this problem.

5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Contact Mauserrifle. He had the same problem I guess and he solved it (also G27).

6. diegofv

diegofv Registered

1-video controller setting window: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82926397/VIDEO CONTROLLER SETTINGS WINDOW.MOV
    2-video begin race: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82926397/VIDEO BEGIN RACE.MOV

You will find two links with videos showing exactly what is my problem, in the first one ("video controller settings window") you can see that the throttle and brake move perfectly according I push the pedals.
    In the second one ("video begin race") you can see at the top left corner window the plugin (pedal&FFB plugin overlay) that I installed to check the pedal positions and as you will see when I push one quarter of the pedal way the car is already at top revolutions, and this is my problem because I only have around one quarter of throttle way to drive the car, as you see if I continue pushing the pedal doesn´t make effect because the car is already at top rpms. The pedal plugin shows the exact position of my pedals.

What is your opinión?
    It seems that could it be necessary to change the values that make the relationship between the pedal position and the throttle plate position, do you know how can I change this values?

thank you.

7. Jean-christophe Pires

Jean-christophe Pires Registered

In your controller setting do a set-min and set-max for the 2 pedals, normally that will solved your problem.

8. diegofv

diegofv Registered

I have tried to do that a lot of times but it does not solve the problem.

9. Jean-christophe Pires

Jean-christophe Pires Registered

It solved mine. Good luck!

10. Axeslayer

Axeslayer Registered

Try deleting your controller.ini then start rF and reassign your wheel and peddles , but whatever you do don't hit the detect button , don't know why but if I hit that I get the problem you have . ( using a G25 with peddle thought a Leo Bodnar cable )

11. diegofv

diegofv Registered

I did what you said but the poblem is not solved.

12. MrPix

MrPix Registered

How long have you had the G27. Is it still under warranty?

I have just repaired a friends throttle/brake pedals on his G27... the pots were dirty... his is about 30 months old. dismantled and sprayed some switch/contact cleaner in to the service apertures of the pots and operated about 20 times.. all fixed now.

His throttle / brake looked like they were moving on the calibration screen... when they were not... and after he pressed the brake, it remained on at 30% for a second or so then slowly went to almost zero and flickered ... the throttle pedal just was not smooth and flickered.

Anyway.. all sorted now with the help of Servisol Super 10!

He only noticed this when he went to another well known sim(bin) / game.. he usually plays arcade style codies games and has not got RF2 which is very sensitive to inputs.

13. Axeslayer

Axeslayer Registered

Try deleting the plr file and the controller.ini , that's what I did when I had this problem and it solved it , thought it was just the controller file that I deleted but just looked at my post from way back .

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Except that if this is true:

The pedals should be working fine.

Question: If the pedals work properly in the settings screen, appear to be working correctly on a pedal plugin, presumably look to be working ok with DXTweak2 or similar, how do you know you're getting full throttle/brake with the pedal only halfway down?

15. Axeslayer

Axeslayer Registered

I know when I had this problem it was easy to tell ,could red line the car in any gear with the peddle pushed less than half way down , and going flat out on a long straight if the peddle was full down and then lifted to less than half way it made no different to the cars speed

16. diegofv

diegofv Registered

MrPix: I have been playing with my G27 during 14months, and I think that the pedals are clean because they work perfectly with many other racing games.

Lazza: Yes, with DXTweak2 the pedals work perfectly. I know that I am getting full throttle with the pedal only half way beacause I see that revolution counter of the cars are showing max rpms.

Axeslayer: Yes, my G27 is working exactly as you explained in your last message.
    By the moment I did not delete the plr file, I only deleted the controller.ini and this did not solve the problem, anyway I will delete both files (plr and controller)

Thank you to all for your support. These days I am out but on tuesday I will be back and I will try to see what happen if I delete both files, I will tell you the results.

17. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

Just to make sure, you pressed the pedal down all the way before hitting 'set max' right? and set min when you haven't touched it?

I know it sounds silly to ask but I just wanted to make sure :p

18. diegofv

diegofv Registered

Yes, for sure, I pressed the pedal down all the way and hit set max, then I released the pedal and hit set min.

19. Wright63b

Wright63b Registered

I've got the same pedal problem with my G27. I decreased sensitivity % to compensate. Didnt fix the problem but made it more tolerable.

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Certainly sounds like a rF2 config issue (controller.ini, PLR) since all other indications are that the pedals are operating fine. You'd probably expect the graphics in the controller settings screen to reflect the unusual behaviour though wouldn't you? Otherwise it's like the realtime part of the game is doing something different to the config part. Very weird.

Only other thing I can think of is that the correct controller.ini and .PLR files are being deleted for testing (and not some duplicate or incorrect-because-of-UAC-or-similar files), and that a preset (for the G27) isn't accidentally being loaded either directly or indirectly - especially as AxeSlayer described having that issue after using the auto detect.

Can't offer any advice based on experience, we have a fair few guys on G25s and G27s in our league and haven't heard of this happening.

Final thought: Is 'combined pedals' off in your windows/profiler settings? Could be some sort of weird interaction there... maybe...