rFactor2.exe stops working if second screen isn't in use

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by TTupsi, Jun 4, 2013.

1. TTupsi

TTupsi Registered

Interesting bug I've got...

I can't launch rFactor2 if I don't have my second screen, which I use for racing, plugged in. I'm using a laptop and when I try to launch rFactor2 without my other screen plugged via HDMI cable I get "rFactor2.exe stopped working". After plugging the other screen in I can launch it normally and the rFactor2 window (I use windowed mode) opens in the other screen. I tried to drag the rFactor2 window to my laptop screen an it works there as it should, as long as I don't unplug my other screen. Unplugging it makes the window go black but I can push the buttons and hear the voices of the game. I think this could be related to the Alt+Tab bug?

Did a little more research: It doesn't matter which screen I use as the second... I plugged in another screen via VGA cable instead of the one I use for racing and the game launches fine. It's just the matter that I must use another screen in order to play the game. :D I can launch dev mode though without another screen plugged in.

And I must add that this problem only occurred first time today. Been playing b218 without problems but today was first time I tried to launch b218 without second screen plugged in. Did so with previous builds :)