KNOWN rfactor2 + Crossfire + Displaylink drivers = black screen

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Derek Speare, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Derek Speare

Derek Speare Registered

Hello,

I've recently built a new system. This one is an i7/LGA2011 with 2 7950 video cards in a Crossfire configuration. The drivers for the cards are v13.9 from AMD. The issue is that rFactor2 will not run with Displaylink 7.4 (newest) drivers (have not tried older ones) and with Crossfire enabled.

rFactor2 WILL run without the Displaylink drivers installed AND it will run in Crossfire (it's nice across three screens, BTW);

rFactor2 WILL NOT run with Crossfire enabled (get a black screen and still hear sounds) AND with the Displaylink drivers installed (tested by uninstalling, running in XFire);

rFactor2 WILL run with Crossfire disabled AND the Displaylink drivers installed.

Obviously I'd like to have XFire work and use the Displaylink drivers as those drivers power a 7" USB screen necessary for other things. I also tried simply turning off the screen which uses the Displaylink drivers, but that didn't remedy the issue.

Where the issue is rooted is another matter. A brighter mind than mine is needed to figure out who doesn't like whom in this combination.

:(

Thank you,

d

EDIT: Ooops...seems I was too ambitious with my post: It turns out that Displaylink drivers don't like Crossfire (or SLI) configuration:

http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=230

DisplayLink does not support ATI crossfire or NVIDIA SLI configurations.

pewp :( I'll leave the thread in case someone else has this type of problem (or the mods can delete if needed).

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013