rFactor2 Build 198 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Apr 2, 2013.

1. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

LOL... you're only 1 person, not a company. That's the why people hire professionals for their enterprises.

2. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

Why do you miss the point? I really do not know, that is up to you to find out.

3. Plebre

Plebre Registered

4. tjc

tjc Registered

So your saying just because ISI have our money they don`t care about the production quality of the sim and what we all think/write about it?

Well it`s a good job they are adults and can handle the many negative things being said about rf2 atm...

It`s not even the criticism I`m on about... it`s the fact that we were all told (as long as the release notes were read) that the rain/spray is a WIP but yet people still come on here posting how bad it is...

ISI/Tim said they have much work to do on this feature yet still people complain...

Btw... I`m an adult too. ;)

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

When the HDR setting is on it dosnt enable when re-entering the track, one has to select it off then return to car then exit car and re-select HDR back on

Each time

6. tjc

tjc Registered

I have noticed that the "running black shadows" that run along the armco`s etc have returned with this build but turning HDR off then on again seems to fix it as it did before...

7. Woodee

Woodee Registered

There is a big difference between COMPLAIN and REPORT BUGS.

I am just not sure some of you know that difference. The software can only get better if we all find bugs and report them. Otherwise we are just a bunch of people sitting around waiting on a piece of software to get finished with no testers.

It has been stated MANY times what you were getting when you bought the beta. You had chance to get your money back if you were not happy. If you are passed the window of refund and you are still not happy with the development or have reported all the bugs you have found.... then take a break away from the forums till the next build so the rest of us don't have to read your WAA WAA WAA drivel!

Or perhaps...if you are finding you are not happy at all... GO PLAY SOMETHING ELSE!! You aren't obligated to be here.

You made a purchase knowing full well what it was going to be like, I suggest you "man up" and put this purchase down to taking a chance on something that didn't work out.

8. Max

Max Registered

off and on you say? Cause I too have these black bars that are on the cars way ahead of me.. Looks like black bars tha cover up boobs from nude photos lol. WTF?

And Woodee, no. Too bad you don't like something as well, lol. I don't want to read your drivel, yet I have. Get over yourself buddy. Though you were good for a laugh

9. Woodee

Woodee Registered

You missed my point entirely.

10. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Can I borrow your crystal ball this friday, I'm sure you'll also know what the numbers are gonna be like!

11. Marvin Morgan

Marvin Morgan Registered

And that's why they make clocks, because things take TIME. It isn't like these guys are Microsoft or anything.

12. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

13. Max

Max Registered

@Woodee

I have not. I was only commenting, much like you are, no? Or are you spouting absolute truths? :p

14. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

So far I like this build. It seems to makes graphics much more crisp. Sure, few glitches here and there like messed up colours and some problems with exposition in the night (black seems grey and when the light hits it AI's C6r turned almost white). I spotted also some flickering at Sepang. Mostly at the "umbrella" style roof on grandstand. I lost some fps but it was expected. However driving seems a bit different now. The biggest difference I felt was with C6R. It transformed quite a bit for me. No snap oversteers just steady oversteer. Linear slide of the back I was like: What the... with smile on my face. It was so much fun. Front feels better and with this linear giving up of the rear it is much more predictable and catching oversteer is now fun rather than a chore. I learned how to drive it before to make it completely steady and planted because of those snap oversteers it wasn't fun. Yes it felt nice when you put some nice, clean laps but when sth goes wrong, usually end up quite painful. Now you just feel how the back end slides away. Small correction and everything is sorted out. I guarantee there will be grin on your face.

Clio feels about the same. Maybe some more stability on braking and more front end grip. Nothing really major.

Marussia is now a bit more predictable. Braking without locking up is now easier to do. I also noticed like some other folks that it doesn't corner with one wheel lifted in the air so often. Sure, sometimes it does in low speed corners like T2 at Sepang (which is quite understandable because of elevation change etc). Last thing to report is how much easier is to catch a slide in high speed corner right now. It's almost like with C6R after this update. Back end just slides away in high speed instead of snapping. It felt quite nice. Sure... You still can make it oversteer in a brutal fashion but you need to do sth really stupid. Good example is when I was driving at Sepang with MR01. Light rubber pre set. Driving through T5 and 6. These fast left and right corners. When I turned into T5 back end just gave up and it slided in quite linear fashion. I was so surprised that I forgot to countersteer. I really liked it. When there isn't enough grip cars just slide instead of kicking out the back end.

Here comes the spray... Lalala. Ekhm xD. Right now it is there for testing I get it but it looks a bit odd. Some guys pointed out that this spray now looks like a white wall, even at low speeds is because of real road. It works in accelerated rate and maybe spray suffers from that. If that's the reason than fixing it would be quite easy I suppose. It's nice to see it finally implemented now let's wait till ISI gets it right.

Anyway great job on this build ISI. Keep it up. I hope next build will be all about refiment of the featuers already implemented.

Cheers! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2013
  15. MJP

MJP Registered

Just install the ISI Formula 2 mod (assuming you only want v1.1 of PB) to a temp folder, copy/move Palm Beach into 'Installed\Locations' in your current rF2 install, then delete temp folder, job done.

16. wollo

wollo Registered

liking 198 a lot, shame there wasn't any updates to sound though :(

17. Luke Thomas

Luke Thomas Registered

Is anyone else still having the auto update problems?
    Every time that I try, all I get is :
    Checking for updates. Please wait for result.
    Update to build 198 found. Click "Download" to continue or "Update Automatically" to complete all step sequentially.
    Update will be downloaded from http://world.rfactor.net/Sync/Download/Unstable/198/Files/
    Downloading Multidial.mas.rfbz2 to Core\HUD\
    Downloading arcadestyle.mas.rfbz2 to Core\HUD\
    Downloading mini.mas.rfbz2 to Core\HUD\
    Downloading standard hud.mft.rfbz2 to Core\HUD\
    Downloading Locations.mas.rfbz2 to Core\Locations\
    Downloading location common.mft.rfbz2 to Core\Locations\
    Downloading ModMgr.exe.rfbz2 to Core\
    Downloading CoreShaders.mas.rfbz2 to Core\Shared\
    Downloading ShaderGFX.mas.rfbz2 to Core\Shared\
    Downloading Weather.mas.rfbz2 to Core\Shared\
    Downloading legal256.bmp.rfbz2 to Core\Shared\
    Downloading shared.mft.rfbz2 to Core\Shared\
    Downloading Multicar.mas.rfbz2 to Core\Vehicles\
    Downloading Vehicles.mas.rfbz2 to Core\Vehicles\
    Downloading cmaps.mas.rfbz2 to Core\Vehicles\
    Download Error occurred. Retry number: 1
    Download Error occurred. Retry number: 2
    Download Error occurred. Retry number: 3
    Download canceled

I have not cancelled the download once, but this has happened about 5 times now. :(

EDIT: I have just tried to verify my rF2 and Launch rFactor.exe failed. I think this is because I run it as an administrator because otherwise I can't change any settings.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2013
  18. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

FR 3.5 with build 198= sweet (not sure if anything new because it's a long time since I tested FR 3.5 previously)

19. clockit

clockit Registered

I'm lovin' the new build, all settings maxed out @ 8064x1440 and a solid 100fps+
    :cool:
    Keep up the good work guys!

20. Tosch

Tosch Registered

GTX Titan SLI ??? :rolleyes: