Rfactor crash when loading

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Emmanuel, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Emmanuel

Emmanuel Registered

First time that I experience this. This afternoon I started Refactor, a few updates where installed automatically, Kyalami latest from GEM, Enso CLM PI update and one more I believe but now when stasting the RF@ logo is coming on screen and short after it crash.
    I tried to logout and login again on Steam but it did not chaged. I tryed V2122 but it was the same and reverted to none. What can I do?
    I read in another tread: "
    The 'easiest' clean solution would be to rename your UserData folder to something else, so the game creates a new one. Unfortunately that will then download stuff thanks to the new startup wizard, so then you have to quit the game immediately and change "First Run:" to false in your new player.JSON. Painful, but that's where we are.
    The other thing you could try if this is a new issue is reinstalling the runtimes in the Support\Runtimes folder (that means, double clicking on each file in there, and Install or Repair, for each one - all 4 of them). Sometimes windows loses those runtimes so that can be necessary
    I dead the repair of the Support\Runtimes but it is still the same.
    Should I try what was mentioned as the easiest solution? The problem is. I don't understand what to do when leaving the game immediatelly. Could you explain what I should exactly do to First Run:" to false in your new player.JSON?
    Sorry if I sound stupid to you.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That was me.

Rename/move the Userdata folder.
    Verify rF2 files in steam.
    Run rF2.
    The startup wizard will run, asking you which content you want to install. Press Quit (or exit, or whatever it says) so it doesn't download anything.
    Go into UserData\player and open player.json with notepad.
    Find the line that says First Run
    Change true, to false,
    Run rF2 again.

3. Emmanuel

Emmanuel Registered

Thank you Lazza. I did as you mentioned and also moved back some files Controler and Player to the new UserData. It works.
    The UI looks different now but it is not an issue. Thanks a lot.

4. Emmanuel

Emmanuel Registered

Hi Lazza, As I mentioned yesterday, following your suggestions I got RFactor working again. However, when the car is driven by AI, I have a lot of Stuttering in drver view (cockpit view). What can I do to solve the issue?