rFactor 2 sound?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nemesis44uk, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Nemesis44uk

Nemesis44uk Registered

Hi all,

As a newcomer to this wonderful sim, I wanted to just express my thanks to Tim and the rest of the ISI team for their superb work on the sound design.

All too often, sound is the neglected component of a game. I remember Indycar Racing 2 which had a high quality sound DOS option for the sound - which was recorded from a motorbike, but it sounded pretty darn close to an Indycar.

Not since the days of Nascar Racing 2003 have I enjoyed the sound so much in a racing game. Blip the throttle in the Corvette and you get a roar of a V8 muscle car, do the same in a FISI and you get the rasping engine note. The sound is perfect and it complements the experience. If I were to split hairs, I would say that the Marussia doesn't quite have the same F1 howl that raises the hairs on the back of my neck, but that is being very nit-picky.

Well done to all

2. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Hello and welcome Nemesis,

Give a try to the Nissan GTR ;)

The FR3.5 is pretty nice as well!

Also, you might wanna download the Maserati GT, it has amazing sound as well, but the other car's sound are too loud, so if you race with few AI, it gets pretty loud quickly, but the idle sound on that one is real agressive!

3. Minibull

Minibull Member

The FR3.5 is my favourite, sounds bloody great. Only thing is it seems to be a mix between the older V6 specs and car, but it uses a V8 soundset that is the same as 2010 onwards IIRC.
    Corvette sounds stunning too, and I think the Megane sounds pretty great after the latest update.

4. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

Not to get off topic but where is the maserati GT?

5. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered