rfactor 2 setup management

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by (fGw)cabo-2, Oct 26, 2011.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Yes... You can do that with rFactor 1, too... We have included default that should be OK to drive. Only thing I normally fiddle with is brake balance (on the historics).

2. cloudXXI

cloudXXI Registered

Are you sure? How? I can assign a setup for a car and a track. But if I use that car in another track, this assigned setup is not loaded.

3. cloudXXI

cloudXXI Registered

Please, if something knows how to create a setup that is automaticated loaded when I enter ANY track, let me know.

Thanks.

4. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

"Any"? No, you can't do that. You can manually assign a setup file as default for each track you enter.

5. Vincenzo Carlesimo

Vincenzo Carlesimo Registered

I start to race online few time ago and i think that make a perfect setup for everyone is impossibile. When i play with my friends they give to me their setup and i can't go faster than mine setup. Driving styles is different between every driver who want hard suspension, who soft. Lock setup isn't the solution. You should stay on game many, many hours and try to find the perfect setup for your driving style. Sometimes you don't have time for this, and you can't win the race. It's part of the game.

6. cloudXXI

cloudXXI Registered

ok, thanks.

7. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Is it possible to fix setups in multiplayer now? If so, how?

8. PLAYLIFE

PLAYLIFE Registered

The problem I found with rF1 is that due to the multitude of mods, a lot of them were created with unrealistic physics values and so expected setup changes didn't work. It quickly became a guessing game.

There's only a few mods that I felt you could properly adjust setup and actually experienced the proper response, Reiza's Armaroli being one prime example.

I haven't bothered with setups in rF2 just yet since the physics modelling is not finished but I expect the ISI modelled cars to be quite accurate too.

9. Axly

Axly Registered

To be honest, i find the defaults i've tried in rf2 to be pretty decent all-round setups. In our Mégane league i get routinely smashed over and over by guys using default or slightly modded default, and even though i'm a really slow driver i can manage low 1.32s at Monaco with the spark f2 using default, and would be able to cut over a second from that if i look at sector times.

I personally aim for super safe long race setups, while others in my League (especially one guy) goes for weird gpl-alien-style super nervous settings, but neither of us improve all that much when we Change from defaults since they seem to be a nice compromise to start with.

10. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered