rFactor 2 is crashing constantly

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by JorgeCabrita, Sep 5, 2018.

1. JorgeCabrita

JorgeCabrita Registered

Getting desperate here, because my rFactor 2 is crashing all the time, even with just one car on track. On any track, I can maybe run a full lap, maybe one and a half lap, sometimes, just half a lap, but after that, I get no iimage on screen, still can hear the car working, but don't see it, and then I have to press escape, so that I get a message that rfactor 2 stopped working. This week only, I already made two fresh installations, and that doesn't solve the issue. I have in my PC, Assetto Corsa, AMS, RaceRoom, iRacing, and all are working propperly. I'm getting really upset with this, don't know what else to do. Any suggestions?

Oh, my computar is with Windows 7
    i5 4590 CPU 3.30GHz
    8GB memmory
    64 bits
    Graphics card: Asus GeForce GTX660 DC2 OC PH 2GB GDDR5

2. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Calm down Jorge, any update or software you installed lately? I've been there, i sweat even hearing about that problem, 2 PC's, several months headaches and sleepless nights with no conclusion. Most probably an rF2 fault, all other software worked flawless...

Not necessarily, when i run AC the GPU heats a lot more than with rF2...

3. JorgeCabrita

JorgeCabrita Registered

Hi Rui. One update on the NVidia graphics card, nothing else I can remember. Graphics card does need a small cleanup, but anyway, just now I finished a race on iRacing, graphs not to the max but close. AC I run graphics to the max, yesterday did a race with 20 cars (Race Sim Studio F2 cars) with graphics to max to really test the system, and also a a race on RaceRoom (WTCR), full grid of AI, no issues. Also to test, yesterday with MS, Vello Citta, 25 cars Stock Car, one hour straight, no issues. On rF2, I go on a track as Palm Springs, which is considerably light, with one car, no AI, sun, and I do maybe 2 laps and then it crashes. Already gave up trying to use rain, because I don't even leave the pits and it crashes. I do know rF2 is more demanding on graphics, but with one car? Graphics on medium? Can't be just that :)

4. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Yep, definitely something wrong is going on, lately my rF2 is kind of "strange" too, sometimes the laucher freezes, ALT+TAB sometimes don't work, don't know, let's wait to see if someone from S397 helps you...

5. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Just to rule a few things out, return to default any hardware overclocks, disable/uninstall any monitoring software eg Afterburner or hardware utilities like Geforce Experience or whatever that (to me) crapware is called.

6. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

A few things that might help locate the problem:

Before you start rFactor 2, make sure you have installed up to date versions of all drivers, especially your nvidia driver. When you install rFactor 2, make sure you don't yet install any custom plugins. Then start by running some stock content, like the USF2000 at Silverstone (just an example).

Rui Santos likes this.
  7. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

Marcel, Good to see you reply quickly to this why don't you response to my pm I sent you? Do you dislike my name or what.

8. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

Can someone please delete this spam message that doen't contribute to the problem asked?

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  9. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

Not spam don't understand why Marcel can't answer his pm from customers. So when I see him post I will post too. He might than be courtesy and reply.

10. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

That's a private problem, depends on a lot of factors if he didn't answer you and you're being a bit annoying and inconvenient so i understand him a bit...

jayarrbee36 likes this.
  11. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans Registered

Because as far as I can see in my list of conversations, I cannot find one from you. So I am wondering where you sent that message?

That said, in general I prefer people to ask questions on the forum instead of in private messages. First of all, if everybody would do that, I would be answering questions all day long. Furthermore, there is a lot of value in discussing things openly. Others here might recognize your problem and provide an answer, and we also get an overview of which problems occur more often. In short, the chance of getting an answer increases!

Rui Santos likes this.
  12. KittX

KittX Registered

I would also create new user profile, just in case. A lot has been changed over the last year, better to have a fresh profile.

13. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

@Marcel Offermans
    I hate to say it but he did post it in forums....
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/gt3-window-templates.60977/#post-958613