Rfactor 2 Graphic problems

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by ads1984, Oct 8, 2014.

1. ads1984

ads1984 Registered

Hello

I have downloaded and installed the demo build 860, but have some graphic and running problems, i went on can you run it website after not being able to run the demo with a e5700 3.00ghz , so have upgraded to a e8400 3.00ghz as i have a motherboard with a 775 socket.

I'm not expecting to run the game on the highest settings, but i thought i'd be able to run it fairly well, but all i get is the cars on the screen with blue sky ( no track or surroundings) , just blue sky and cars.

My Specs are as follows:

Intel core 2 duo e8400 3.00ghz
    4gb ddr3 memory
    Nvidaia Geforce gt630 2gb
    500gb hard drive
    Windows 7 Professional 32 bit

I read the specs before posting and they all seem to be good enough for it to run. Am i missing something or is it just a game that's not going to work with this hardware.

Thankyou

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Hi there!
    With a GT630 you won´t have much luck with this game!
    Besides that, I can´t explain why there are things in the graphics missing. Strange.

3. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

There are 2 bottlenecks, the GT630 and your OS x86. Upgrade to Win7x64, add 4 gb ram, maybe a better graphic card and you`re done ;-)

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

1. The demo build is the BTCC Honda and Silverstone probably one of the heaviest combos to run.

2. You want to take minimum and recommended specs with a grain of salt.

Put it this way if you go out and buy the Recommended Specs more then likely you will still not be happy.

3. Your GPU specs are not up to even a decent GTR/GTL standard really, sorry but sometimes truth is best.

At least you have not brought it ;)

P.S. A card upgrade is a stop gap, even the Intel i3 will give more fps with the identical card upgrade then your processor.

Look here for a idea there is a E8400@4Ghz vs a i3.

lol
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ivy-bridge-wolfdale-yorkfield-comparison,3487-20.html

We are talking about "new gen" games, E8400@4Ghz was awesome for its generation games.
    but you can see even the i3 trounces it, with E8400 the HD7970 is bleeding fps :)

Why anyone would not expect the same in rF2 or pCARS or AC has me.

If you going to spend good money on a GPU and most likely PSU the best bang is to have a good Processor like a Intel i5.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2014
  5. ads1984

ads1984 Registered

Hello

Thankyou for all your replies, i have upgraded to windows 7 64 bit as suggested by Juergen-BY and have the game running very good, no stuttering or graphical glitches, i will be upgrading the pc bits at a time, eventually the mb and processor.
    I have a query as to what i should go for standard or lifetime, i will only be playing the game every now and then, but probably not online, my question is i would like to be able to install mods, if i go for standard after that year does mean i will not have access to the services to install mods from the rfactor website.

Thankyou

6. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I think in your case standard is fine. The different between standard and lifetime is the possibility to play online on hosted server, after 1 year too.

7. ads1984

ads1984 Registered

Thanks for all your help Juergen-BY very appreciated.

8. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

You`re welcome ;-)