rFactor 2 Crash with some tracks on dedicated server (Solved)

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Jeferson Richart, May 17, 2018.

1. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

Hello
    I found a problem that I struggled with for five days to find a solution, so I've been sharing it with everyone and especially Studio 397 so they can fix it.

I am a league administrator in Brazil and when trying to host two new tracks from our league on my dedicated server (SteamCMD), the server stopped responding. I tried installing and testing this same hosting on four different computers, as a dedicated server (SteamCMD), and all of them presented the problem.
    So I tried to open the Host on my computer that I use to drive, and it worked. So I installed the full version of rF2 on my dedicated server and tried to open the Host as on my computer, but to my surprise, this did not work. I did the same procedure on my other computer, and it did not work either. Why did it only work on my computer that I use to test the tracks and drive? That's when I had the idea to open the game and get on the track, on the computer that was not working, and after that leave the game and open the Host. And that worked.
    I closed the server and removed the CBASH folder, and the server returned the same problem. I returned the CBASH folder and the server worked.

That is, for these tracks, for some reason the dedicated server can not generate the files from the CBASH folder properly, and crash on rF2. But by opening rF2 in single player mode, these files are generated correctly and everything works fine, including afterwards to use as a dedicated server later.
    To reproduce the problem, simply delete the contents of the CBASH folder and then try to open the server on those tracks.

The clues used that presented this problem are Le Mans version 0.8 of SimRacingTeam and Road America version 1.4 by BetOn.

Sorry for my English.

2. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Thanks for posting this, I've had the same problem with both these tracks.
    I will try this later on my server.

3. wrxxy

wrxxy Registered

Can confirm I had the issue with that Road America Track also........

4. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

I saw on facebook a new version of LeMans 17 will be released soon that fixes the server problem.

5. stu3284

stu3284 Registered

A few years later.
    Brilliant. Just had the same issue on a different track. As my dedi is on a different computer, I just drove the required combo in single player and then copied the corresponding cbash and rrshd file from cbash in my game to cbash on the dedi server.

Jeferson Richart likes this.