Rfactor 2 code

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheMaster0071, Nov 24, 2017.

1. TheMaster0071

TheMaster0071 Registered

Hi all, ok so for years now I have been a iRacing driver and always avoided rFactor 2, I did buy the original, however having played Project Cars 2 recently in a league I have really been enjoying the racing with them, and they have tried to persuade me to buy rFactor 2, so I took a look on Steam but it was full price, I have been waiting for some time to buy rFactor 2 expecting it to be reduced for Black Friday but no luck I guess Xmas is the next best bet!

However I would really like to buy it sooner so if anyone out there has a 50% discount voucher or the lovely kind guys at Studio 397 could sort me a discount I would be very grateful, don't slate me we all love a bargain right :) or I am just tight!

Hope someone can help.

2. Emery

Emery Registered

Pity you didn't wait to buy pCars 2 until black Friday at 40% discount...

3. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

You're super tight :p 29.95 euros is a steal :p But I'm sure the holidays will be good to you!

4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Amazing!

5. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Registered

Hope you plan on using it for hotlapping or multiplayer. If you plan on racing the AI you'll regret paying that other 60%. :p

Emery likes this.
  6. lagg

lagg Registered

This summer there was a discount.
    You could wait until next august.

7. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Do they do winter sales?

8. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Can I ask,do you not think rf2 is quite cheap compared to all those years and money spent on iracing

juanchioooo likes this.
  9. TheMaster0071

TheMaster0071 Registered

It is, but we all want to pay as little as possible right? so no harm asking! Looks like I will wait

Guimengo and Lazza like this.
  10. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

obviously we all want to pay less, but between supporting a real simulator "rfactor 2" and an arcade "proyect cars", it is clear that I prefer to support rfactor 2

if what you like are the graphics, do not invest in rfactor, on the contrary if you want feelings of "Force Feedback", there is no doubt rfactor is the investment

Badboy and SL1DE like this.
  11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Someone asks about a discount, and over half the responses are taking shots at other games. I guess this is how game forums are these days?

Guimengo and McKiernan like this.
  12. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I help you not to invest in something that you may like or dislike, if you spend 70 euros on project cars and ask for a discount for rfactor 2 which is 30 euros, it seems like a joke

Badboy, fsuarez79 and SL1DE like this.
  13. TheMaster0071

TheMaster0071 Registered

Why? I'm not sure I would play it so much as the other racing games I have so I don't want to spend money to waste it if I don't play it, or more like pay as little as I can. Because you like 1 game and spend full price on it, do you spend full price on all games you buy? you never buy games in sales because it's not you your 'A' list??

Guimengo likes this.
  14. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

So, you pay an arm, a leg, and a kidney for iRacing (which is the most overhyped current generation sim IMO), but don't want pay $40 for rF2 which is arguably the underrated best sim on the market and much cheaper than any of the others.

Just go for it mate, you won't regret it. I bought rF2 back in 2012 and have since logged in thousands of hours, 500 hours in the past year. Plus you'll be helping out the developers by paying that $15 more than you would in any sale. ;)

Badboy and juanchioooo like this.
  15. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

if you want to try download the demo and try it. and then you buy if you want
    I do not throw money in arcade games

that's why I told you if it makes you feel more the graphics than the forced feedback, follow with project cars:);)

16. Depco

Depco Registered

I am as cheap (Frugal) as they come. I bought rF2 back in 2013 and have found great value in it. I also played iRacing for a year, having put several hundred dollars into content. That experience only reinforced my frugalness. Between the two sims I much prefer rF2 for FFB, Physics, and League Play. rF2 AI is pretty fantastic as well but I mostly play online with my league.

I picked up AC and then dropped it due to rF2's superior benefits.

rF2 does occasionally go on sale, but i believe the current price is more than worth the experience you will get.

If you are looking for quick pickup racing you may want to wait and stick with iRacing for the time being. Pickup racing is not rF2's forte currently. If you want to find a league look no further as the league scene is very much alive and well here. If you want an offline championship mode, PC2 is the direction you will want to go.

Also don't judge the whole of the rF2 playerbase by the posters on this forum. There are a number of sour and negative people here who do not represent the excellent drivers and people found online and elsewhere in the rF2 community.

TheMaster0071 and Emery like this.
  17. Emery

Emery Registered

At the point you posted this, only 2 posts took shots at other games. Since yours was post #11, that's a LONG ways from half. Mine wasn't a shot at pCARS 2, just a comparison of op's value shopping techniques... buying pCARS 2 at release for full price rather than waiting for the inevitable Steam sale while asking for a discount for rF2 which rarely goes on sale.

Knowing your game sales history helps when taking advantage of discounts. Other examples: one never should pay full price for an iRacing membership because there's always the Black Friday sale and one never pays full price for R3E content as it has sales just about quarterly. rF2, on the other hand, has had about 4 sale prices in 4-5 years, with 2 or 3 happening just in the past 18 months as ownership changed... the moral is get rF2 any time you see it on sale rather than trusting there will be a discount.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  18. TheMaster0071

TheMaster0071 Registered

Yeah will do thanks all anyway

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You know what? You're absolutely right :)

Well, I'd claim 3 posts before mine, and I reckon I can get another half point for a post that didn't attack a game but doesn't have a friendly or helpful tone (which is what I suppose I was really targeting), but I'm genuinely impressed that you've taken the time to carefully correct me and avoid an emotional response, even more than I (evidently) managed while bemoaning the previous posts. I can learn from you on this :p

To the OP: no harm no foul if you want to wait for a sale/discount, and in its current state (which has hardly changed over years) there is much that would disappoint you in rF2 if you were persuaded to buy at full price. But, there is a diamond in there, and hopefully by the time the next sales are on it will have been cut out a little more. We're persevering, but for good reason, not through being misguided fanboys.

20. TheMaster0071

TheMaster0071 Registered

Cheers and thanks again, gonna download the demo and have a try at that first see what its like :)