rFactor 2 car skins

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 19stevo84, Feb 22, 2016.

1. 19stevo84

19stevo84 Registered

Hi guys and gals,
    so i have been doing some car skinning all is going well i have 3 custom skins in the game but i have come into a problem,
    i have done a skin for the porsche 977 the car is a mod AM_FIAGT3_2012_799 now when i try put that skin into the game i can find the folder for the AM_FIAGT3_2012_799 if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.
    also if anyone wants a car skin doing pm me and i will see what i can do.
    cheers steve.

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

105 views Steve

I would try posting in the general section in modding forum.

3. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Have you gone to the car in-game and clicked "create dir" in the tuning menu? :)

4. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

5. 19stevo84

19stevo84 Registered

i have done a renault megane trophy all in game working with that i did all the MAS file thing and saved them to the megane car folder.but i cant seem to find the porsche folder.
    cheers steve

6. billyblaze

billyblaze Registered

you can manually create the folder yourself if need be....

7. 19stevo84

19stevo84 Registered

i found how to get the car folder i have tried putting it ingame when clicking the arrows i see the file i named but its not changing the skin to mine,i have also tried adding a 370z skin and thats not showing either.

i am doing exactly the same thing i did with the megane throphy but these are not working for some reason.
    cheers steve

8. billyblaze

billyblaze Registered

i could never make any skin appear in game without putting it in a .mas file....now i installed rf2 all to one directory (no seperate documents folder) and i see all skins now...

9. BoothJoe

BoothJoe Registered

I'm not sure if I understand entirely what you're doing, but there are two things that can affect skins. When you name a skin, you have to have "alt" somewhere in the filename as in BFG370z_alt.dds. Also if you create a new driver for the skin the driver's name must be unique across RF2. For example, you can't use the driver name Ricardo Licque in one mod and use the same name in another. It will look fine in the Tuning garage, but will not appear in the list of cars in the mod in the menu where you choose your car. My experience is that if I try to reuse the same name, it will appear in only one of mods where I tried to use it. Beyond those two things, I have nothing else to offer.

10. 19stevo84

19stevo84 Registered

thanks guys i have solved the problem i wasnt naming them correctly,but could someone tell me how i get the car with my name onto the car list so i can pick it straight from there.
    cheers steve

11. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

I haven't looked at it for a while, so not 100% sure, but I thought if you go to 'select car' and than it should say, on the right bottom??? (last time I checked anyway), 'create virtual driver'. If you do that, then you can set AI skill level (or leave it at default values), and it will show up in the car list as well (and for offline it can also became an AI driver).