rFactor 2 Build 982 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Stefan Kanitz

Stefan Kanitz Registered

A short comment concerning the PaceCar. It is still not usable in rf2 even it is way better than in rf1. The server doesnt start the race after the formation lap if the cars arent in their positions, which can easily happen if you start in double file. 1 meter in front or behind the cars around and it doesnt work. We tried it 2 times on our 24h race and it is really annoying. It would be good if this can be fixed.

Maybe an option for multiply safetycars, if you have more than one class, would be good too.

And as already forwarded to ISI, the 982 build isnt that good in terms of bugs. Several bugs are into it which affect endurance races. Waiting for the next build and fingers crossed that the guys can solve all the problems which werent there in Build 946.

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Better if you write this bugs down here again,- in short, so that it is at one place.

3. Stefan Kanitz

Stefan Kanitz Registered

- Getting 0 laps instead of the driven one after rejoining the race
    - Rejoining the race does take 3-5 attemps sometimes
    - Driver selection in the pit menu doesnt work sometimes. The curser jumps down to the next option. You have just about 1 second to change the driver before the curser is jumping. Which mean that you have to press the "down Arrow" and "right Arrow" immediately after it.
    - Join-leave-join messages after joining the server. I cant say which effect it has cause we moved back to build 946 for our 24h race.
    - You could join the server with a different mod which isnt running on the server. Cant tell much about it cause didnt noticed it. But heard it at the VEC that there is a bug.
    - Gearbox bug where the gearbox is messed after a driverswap.

It isnt a bug but it seems that the visibility at night was more worse on LeMans than with build 946. But the bugs above are definately not good for endurance races :/ Problem is that we cant really reproduce the bugs which make it difficult for Tim & Co. to solve the problems.

4. McFlex

McFlex Registered

I also took part in this race. I noticed that in prior builds you could nearly immediately rejoin the race. In build 982 you could first rejoin after the servermessage "server is not receiving updates from player xy - player xy was removed from the server". But this message first appears about 5 minutes after this player has left the race. until then the only messages that appeared were "player has left the server and/but vehicle has been stored in the garage". i hope that this could help

5. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Not usable? Depends on the track I guess ... as we have been able to use it fine in our leagues on the tracks we have tried. Definitely not "unusable". Unusable on SOME tracks maybe.

6. Well several things get mixed up.
    1 gearbug has nothing to do with builds - but how you pack your files (encrypt) however feedback haven't been great so I'm not sure if people at VEC have fixed it or we did ;)
    2. VEC have had several succesful rejoins with 946. We used it at a 6 hour race and the final 24 hour race in our last season.
    3. The rejoin procedure should always start with a shutdown of the game, even a reboot would be fine. The rejoin. Yeah sometimes you have to do it 2-3 times - but it's better than game over isent it.
    The 0 lap, I haven't heard of it - and it was the same driver connecting as the one who lost connection? I'm not sure how you ran the event, but I have no seen this at all.
    1 1/2 years ago people who rejoined after lap 63 only got lap 63 back, but that was fixed really quick.

Don't get me wrong, but VEC didn't just roll back to 946... And we wouldn't have done so if we weren't in pre season and was gonna update the cars a few times.

We even used the sc last night at a test, worked out pretty good.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2015
  7. That message only comes if your user times out on the server. That is not the same as "connection lost"
    After a normal connection lost you should be able to rejoin after 30 sec to 1 min. I've tested this in 930, 946, 982 and it works.
    If there is several user on the server and it is unstable (usually starts with a lot of drivers coming and going) it will be as you explain. But that's not a race rejoin - as this normally happens in practice.

8. aldrew

aldrew Registered

Thanks

9. Stefan Kanitz

Stefan Kanitz Registered

All problems which i reported happend with build 982. Build 946 was running fine at all. No problems.

1. We used URD cars and i didnt changed the file structure.
    2. As mentioned above, no problems with build 946. With the current build there occured a few problems which i want to avoid. And i knew that you ran the event over 24h without a problem so we did too. Worked for us too :)
    3. Problem happen just on build 982. On 946 everything is ok.

But as far as i know ISI is aware of the problems, so hopefully they gone fix it :)

10. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

I just noticed while lapping the Megan @ Nords, there's tyre sounds in replays and bottoming out noises, when was it added ?
    edited:
    Ah nevermind, i must be because i recently deleted my old player.json, i tried to tweak the sounds values a few builds ago.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2015
  11. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Interesting. For the past week my game has always been crashing when leaving a server. Alt+tab no longer freezes the process, leaving a server kills the game. No changes made.

12. simforlife2

simforlife2 Registered

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I've seen this mentioned elsewhere (I think in the Indy thread), I'm getting some very delicate Cut Corner warnings with this build at Silverstone that I never had in the Build prior to April (I've been away ya know!), checked and there wasn't a new Silvers released during my time away so it's not the track as such.
    I've looked in the player.JSON but can't find anything specific to tweak unless it is in there and I'm blind, anyone know of anyway to "dumb" them down a bit like they were before? or is it a Build specific thing? thanks.

14. lagg

lagg Registered

In our league we have decided somebuilds ago to erase the anti-cut code of the circuits because of this problem.
    Now we check it manually.
    The problem is the same in all the circuits. The ISI ones too.

Enviado desde mi E2003 mediante Tapatalk

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

This build F3 and Italy I can beat my outright lap record by 1/2 a second............in the wet.

Something seriously wrong there

16. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

wow lol

17. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Assuming your talking about the vmod exploit. This is fixed for the next build.

18. DocJones

DocJones Registered

He's probably found the Eve/Spark tires having more grip on a (lightly) wet than on a dry track. Well, at least the F2s do, and not only in this build.

19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

i was on historic spa with the historic f3s a month or two ago and I coulda have sworn grip was no less in damp conditions.

Anyway, ISI is apparently doing an overhaul of weather stuff (including rain I guess) so it doesn't concern me.

20. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I only mentioned in relationship to the comments about cutting, if that is a worry then you would not use weather either.

Neither worries me.