[REL] rFactor 2 automated camera plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by HorCsa, Jul 23, 2015.

1. Rujasu

Rujasu Registered

I think it's shift+A by default, if it works.

2. Seven Smiles

Seven Smiles Registered

Maybe you built Release and the original was Debug?

From scanning the code I think Ctrl/A toggles activation.

Last edited: May 23, 2023
    F3n3k likes this.
  3. F3n3k

F3n3k Registered

yes it's ctrl/a for me, thanks a lot :)

4. jonno

jonno Registered

hi all im trying to use this but iv no idea how iv put the plugin in and iv pressed ctrl+a an nothing happens
    any ide what im doing wrong

5. Rujasu

Rujasu Registered

You've put the plugin in the folder, but did you enable it in the options menu? After a restart it works automatically, no keypresses needed.

6. jonno

jonno Registered

hi all does anyone know what number corresponds to what camera or is it pot luck finding it lol i want on board to be in the car but cant get it to work

7. Ferrari312

Ferrari312 Registered

In general these are the only consistent values I've found. (Been a while since I've looked at this so hopefully this is correct)
    1. Normal cockpit view
    2. Nose cam
    3. Chase
    4. Trackside
    5. Hood
    I've discovered in writing my own version of an auto spectator that it varies wildly per mod above these numbers and S397 stuff doesn't seem to use any values above this. I've written test code that outputs the camera value to the chat window and then I recorded it going through 1000 values. There was nothing above 5 for DLC GT3's for example that is addressable by the WantsToViewVehicle function which is a shame. I needed an addressable rearward looking camera for my version so I'm actually "calibrating" the chase cam by rotating it in code using the CheckHWControl function and then leaving it in that position for a two car "battle mode". I would have much preferred an addressable rear wing cam camera. The "onboards" that you can click through under the video monitor in game are only available by sending commands to CheckHWControl but they are different for every car and you can only cycle through them and not select them individually (you can in some mods but not S397 content) so I have a mode that cycles through them occasionally just to add some visual spice.

JuanP006, Lazza and DanRZ like this.
  8. jonno

jonno Registered

has anyone found the magic number for the slowmo replays i just cant get them to stop even tho it says anything above 1.0 will stop them working it dont i hve them set to
    lowinc=20.0
    highinc=30.0 and they still do what they want

9. JuanP006

JuanP006 Registered

Hi, I hope all is well. Are you planning to release your version?
    Cheers

10. Ferrari312

Ferrari312 Registered

I wrote some test code that printed collision values to the chat window for my own plugin and after I drove around and crashed into things, I settled on a value of 1200 as the bottom collision threshold to trigger an action. I'm not totally sure Horcsa's plugin works 100% as it did originally for the current version of rF2. You could try putting 1200 into each of those values and see what happens or maybe 4000 in the "highinc" value. His code was written when those values were scaled differently obviously. Also of note during my testing is that there seems to be a "noise floor" of collision values happening for events that I couldn't notice visually that were in the below 100 range.

jonno and Rujasu like this.
  11. Ferrari312

Ferrari312 Registered

Check your PMs.

12. jonno

jonno Registered

i belive i have cracked the auto replay shit i put
    lowinc=0
    highinc=0
    and this has stopped it from doing it i ran a 30 min race live and it never done it once

13. jonno

jonno Registered

ok so iv been messing around with this and have reworked the whole ini file with some miracle i have managed to find some other games that have an auto cam a feature and used some of there text. this now does not do the stupid slow mo auto replay. its main focus is on battles and over takes. the lead battle is always the most focused unless its over a second then it will then look for any close battles up an down the field... just make sue you read the READ ME FILE....

Attached Files:

DanRZ likes this.