rFactor 1 Car Authors - Car Conversion Permission

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by RJames, Jan 1, 2015.

1. RJames

RJames Registered

Hi All,

This is a bit of a call out to any of those content creators who released it for rF1 however for what ever reason have not for rF2. I'm offering my time to make it happen.

If you have previously created some content you would like to see bought over I am interested in hearing from you and with your permission i'll do the conversion.

I'll be carrying out full and proper conversion using 3dsmax, updating textures and models where required, animated driver and physics updates to the new engine and bringing the car up to rF2 standards including tires. No quick bad conversions here nor overnight turnovers.

I'm not selling anything other than offering my time in exchange for the community to benefit from more content. If you have any questions please feel free to pm me and i'll be happy to discuss.

Regards

Rob

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Thanks, Rob--great idea and great offer. I hope someone talented does the same for tracks :)

3. tjc

tjc Registered

Yeh a great and generous offer indeed Rob. Good stuff...

I hope you get some of those guys contacting you as there`s some good stuff out there that would be great to have in rf2 with properly done, HQ conversions. :)

4. RJames

RJames Registered

Thanks for the comments,

I've had a couple of pm's thus far of which discussions can move forward. A big point seems to be tires, so I think it's in the interest of the community any tires I build i'll release also as a separate package for any other mod developers to test on their mods hopefully to build some sort of catalog of tires to make that process easier. If anyone has any suggestions on areas we need tires for please chip in.

5. RJames

RJames Registered

On the note of tracks, it's likely its a area i'll do once i've got some cars done. I've still got some learning to do on the blending textures front on a test track i've created already making sure ive got the whole process correct.

6. c.pucher

c.pucher Registered

Unfortunately I have nothing to offer but a big thanks for your generosity! The quoted part, if this can be achieved I think it would be a big help for the modding community. Its probably worth getting in touch with Tim about this, if I remember correctly ISI at some point wanted to do exactly this (provide modding community with all sorts of sample tires). Don't know if this is still the case and how far they are but could save some work asking first :)

7. Emery

Emery Registered

That is a wonderfully generous offer to the community!

Tire examples that I believe we're now lacking: late '60s bias-ply sedan tires (Goodyear Blue Streaks, Firestone equivalent, etc.), '80s-'90s cantilever bias-ply slicks, very vintage tires (pre-64).

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Firstly thanks for your generosity in this rea of porting mods over, very welcomed :)

Secondly the above quote is a great idea, maybe get in touch with ISI directly to create a proper database of Tire Files that are available to the community? If that would help budding modders come over to RF2 more easily then that surely can only be a good thing.

9. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

I give you permission to convert ORSM V8 Supercars, Historix, DRM, Cart Factor, Skoda Octávia, Enduracers, Bathurst Legends, Rallyworld, Touring Masters, AE86, Ladas, etc.
    ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)