rF2 window is always on top. Can't use overlays.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Adolfo Bisi, Sep 9, 2023.

1. Adolfo Bisi

Adolfo Bisi Registered

As the title says, rF2 window, when active, is rendered above everything else in the computer. Even when using windowed mode or borderless.
    Some info: I'm playin in VR, but i want overlays on the monitor. I race with no in-game HUD but when streaming is nice to show some info for whoever is watching. I dont need overlays to be shown in the VR HMD.
    A while ago, I used SimHub or tinypedal to give the viewer some information, and they both worked great. I could just stream my whole screen directly from GeForce Experience and the overlays would just be there. I know OBS or some othe software is better, but I dont use aditional cameras os interactions with viewers so I prefer to not have another software running taking up resources.
    Now something has changed. The overlays only stay on top when they are the active window, and they disappear as soon as I click in the game window.
    I'm using a reverb G2 in windows mixed reality, and steamVR set to use OpenXR runtime. I don't know if it was a game update that changed this, but i cant show ovelays anymore when playin in VR. If I launch the game outside VR the overlays still works.
    Appreciate any help on this matter