rF2 window disappearing

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by colinL, Jul 8, 2016.

1. colinL

colinL Registered

Hello,

I just drove 2 1/2 hours on the Virtua LM 91-96 Track with the URD PX1 Aura. after these 2 1/2 hours my window just "disappeared". The game was still in the taskbar, but when trying to alt tab it was just a blank page. I'm running the game in borderless mode.

My System Specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate
    EVGA GeForce 970 GTX
    Intel i7 3770
    16GB DDR3

Any advice?

2. peterchen

peterchen Registered

So this is happening when you ALT+Tab ? Or out of the blue?

3. colinL

colinL Registered

out of the blue. drove and bam, thrown back to my desktop but being told that the game tab was still open.

4. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Maybe some other background-program is stealing focus. Check what programs run in the back.

5. colinL

colinL Registered

Well stuff like Steam or browser. But that wouldn't be the problem, the problem is the window doesnt exist anymore, I can Alt Tab into rFactor 2 and still see my desktop, but I'm ingame as I can see the rF2 mouse cursor and hear the sounds. Thats so weird, never had anything like that.

6. colinL

colinL Registered

[​IMG][​IMG]

Just happened again after about 20mins racing at Virtua LM's 91-96 track with the URD PX1 Audi.
    The photos show the problem, I'm in the rFactor2 window but well there is nothing.
    Strangely I was able to complete a 4 hour race with the URD EGT Corvette C7 at the default SilverstoneGP tough. Before I got thrown to my desktop the game froze and I had a blackscreen for about 3secs.
    Please anyone tell me he's got a solution for this, really makes the game kind of unplayable at the moment.
    as mentioned earlier graphiccard is a EVGA GTX970, processor intel i7 3770 3.4GHz, 16 GB of DDR3 RAM

Help me :(

7. WhiteShadow

WhiteShadow Registered

Use fullscreen mode and you are fine.

8. colinL

colinL Registered

But in fullscreen I can't tab out with the game running in background, can I? Because I like to do long races and when the AI is driving I like to watch youtube videos and stuff like that :/

9. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Alt tabbing causes rf2 crashes for me when coming back to rf2....my way around it is instead of Alt Tab I use the Windows key + D which takes me back to the desktop, then go wherever I want to go...going back to rf2 hasn't caused me a problem to date (touch wood).

10. colinL

colinL Registered

In fullscreen? Alt tab never caused crashes, my problem is that suddenly ingame I have blackscreen for 2-3 secs and then get thrown back to desktop like on the pictures above. I strangely only had this problem on the Virtua LM track atm

11. Goanna

Goanna Registered

WhiteShadow has suggested using fullscreen to cure your problem, and then you asked if you can alt tab in fullscreen, my response was trying to say that you "may" have problems with alt tab in fullscreen (there are a few threads around about that) and to try Windows key + D instead of alt tab when in fullscreen.

12. colinL

colinL Registered

Ah ok now I get what you wanted to say. Is the game also running in background in fullscreen?

13. peterchen

peterchen Registered

If not, I think there is a .JSON setting for that.

14. stonec

stonec Registered

Virtual LM Le Mans has this crash problem since a few years back with GTX 900 series. I bet it has nothing to do with whether you run fullscreen or not, what likely happens is that the game crashes in both cases, just the game tab remains on for some reason when you're in windowed mode. You might want to take a look at this thread. If that doesn't help you, then I'm afraid you can't do much more than switch tracks.