RF2 - system crashes...

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by WAR*HEAD, Apr 30, 2019.

Tags:
  1. WAR*HEAD

WAR*HEAD Registered

Hello,

I've scanned the forums for assistance after a period of constant crashes in RF2, which have only begun to be an issue in the last week or so. Prior to this my time on the sim has been fantastic, adding mods one at a time and testing them, adding the SimHub software\plugin without incident.

I've removed the BIN 32 and 64 folders - verified my installation via Steam.

Emptied the CBash and Shaders folders in UserData\Log.

Executed the runtimes in the Support folder.

Rolled back Nvidia display driver version to 419 from 430, checked directx components.

Chosen much reduced video settings in the launcher and tried windowed vs fullscreen.

But whatever I do I get the similar data in the tracelog;

"JNILog.cpp 32: [CS access token-pool-1-thread-1] CsAuthService Exception: RESTEASY004655: Unable to invoke request

I am contemplating deleting the installation and downloading again from scratch, is there anything I can try before executing the nuclear option???

Attached Files:

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

In Steam have you opted out of all betas? Uncheck the 'force 32bit' box in the launcher's video settings? Ensured your vid card is the card of choice in the launcher's video settings. Have you tried one S397 car in a solo practice at one S397 track? (Nola, Silverstone, , Sebring, Atlanta MP, Lester2.0?) make sure you have sim problems as opposed to mod problems. The Endurance mod is fairly popular, so I wouldn't 'think' it's the issue, but start with baby steps.

3. WAR*HEAD

WAR*HEAD Registered

Thanks for the info!

Yes, opted out of all Betas, only running a 64bit process, my GTX 1070 is selected in the video dialogue...

I ran the Formula ISI 2012 car at Silverstone for about an hour yesterday evening, no AI and no lockups - no JNILog.cpp 32 log errors at 1080p or 4K. This morning I tried again at Silverstone with the Flat6 mod, within 10 mins I had another crash. If I load 10 AI vehicles and watch them from the pit monitor they can lap without any issues, as soon as I join the track and start logging times the sim hangs...

I decided to follow Ripley and "take off and nuke the site from orbit," unsubscribing from all Steam content, deleting the Rfactor2 folder and cleaning the registry, then downloading another copy onto a different Steam folder on another SSD. I'll add content individually and test again, Flat6 mod will be added last - a real shame because the car handling is *nice*

I need it to be stable, then I can work on the speed. Did Colin Chapman say "Simplify, then add lightness..."

Once again thanks for your input:D

4. WAR*HEAD

WAR*HEAD Registered

After a fresh install I am back to square one... At Silverstone I cannot manage more than 3 laps without a CTD, traces attached.
    What am I doing wrong???

Attached Files:

5. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

How much ram do you have?

6. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Are we still running a plug-in? Sim Hub. Or others after the re install. Test the game totally free from 3P content.

Is the game CTD when using only S397 content? Make sure the game version is up to date to be compatible with content updates.

Bottom line is rF2 has had a few updates of late and the possibility off 3P content you have installed could need a update to be compatible to the current build.

7. WAR*HEAD

WAR*HEAD Registered

Hello All,

Phew, its been a while since I got chance to turn a wheel but after another sequence of crashes/tests,I think my installation is more robust.

Yes, I removed all the plugins and associated software, did a clean install of Win7 from an image - plus a ton of updates, ran benchmarks to stress the system - finding nothing untoward. Installed Steam once more and RF2...

With my CPU O/C'd to 4.5GHz I kept getting random freezes in RF2. I reduced the frequency to 4.2GHz and had almost an hour of play before a hang. At 4.0GHz it has not yet fallen over, it's water cooled and the temps rarely get past 55C on all 4 cores.

I've done some 4 hour races at Lemans in preparation for the real thing with the Endurance series multiclass, I did change an option in the graphics tab - Software timing rather than GPU or Video. Frame rate is locked at 59 and doesn't budge on the start grid at night or in the rain. I think its as good as its going to get.

I did price up a new system at the point of maximum frustration, this one is a decade old and in the coming weeks a shiny new Corsair One i60 will arrive. After that I think a Fanatec Podium DD1 and pedals will replace my G29. My sons (four and six) will inherit this build so we can race and fly together.

Once again thanks for the help!

Attached Files: