[REL] rF2 Spotter Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gerald Jacobson, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

Provide me your 3 ini files and i will check them.

2. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Hi Gerald. I can send you my ini files but I have touched nothing in them. In your original script in the Event=AnyCarPitIn the only thing I added is the line below in blue. Its working but it always tells my name. If other drivers are going in pits its says "Driver at Position 3, Jeffrey Camilleri is going to the Pits" Always Jeffrey Camilleri which is my name and not of other drivers. Is this command made to just call the individual's name or it can call other drivers names? (check below)

I have another question for you. In your script what is the difference between the events Pit_In and Pit_Out? they all call the same sound file: File=pit_watch_for_space_pTc_5.wav. In Pit_Out when car is going out of the pit is says "careful watch speed limit" like Pit_In. Which does not make sense. When going out it should have another sound file saying" remove speed limiter now" Also event pit_in has a rule and pit_out does not have a rule? Pit out not implemented?

File=driver_at.wav
    PlayEvent=PlaceNum
    File=[DriverName]
    File=going_to_pit.wav
    }

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2015
  3. Gerald Jacobson

Ok i will see if in the event AnyCarInPit the plugin have a bug and does not set correctly the driver name.

For the PitOut event there is not exising rule that use this event. So this event is not used at all.

4. argo0

argo0 Registered

Hi Gerald (or anyone)
    Any chance you could help me with this? How do I get the spotter to give me tyre and brake info that refers to car class? Could you give me an example to copy? Would really appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

5. Gerald Jacobson

Did you checked by enabling debugging that the car class is correct ? See it in the spotter log file

6. argo0

argo0 Registered

I'll give that a try thanks Gerald. I'll let you know the results.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

7. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Gerald it would be great the spotter tells you name of the driver going to pit. Instead of "Driver at Position 2 is going to the Pits" it says "Driver at Position 2, John Smith is going to the pits.

If this works than we could have also a script for fastest lap like: John Smith has made the fastest lap.

Jef

8. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I think that is already in there. You just have to record those sounds and match them up with ini entries, don't ask me where though.

9. Kay Petri

Kay Petri Registered

sorry. i made it otherwise

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2015
  10. Gerald Jacobson

Indeed there was an issue in the code (multi threading issue)

v1.8.3 Available

- Fix "File=[DriverName]", now the driver name is the name of the driver linked to the played event and not your name

This is already possible (and fixed)
    For now the best lap trigger only occurs for you. I can extend this trigger to all drivers if you think it is needed.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2015
  11. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Hi Gerald I test v1.8.3 and it worked now!!!

I've looked at the spotters we had for rFactor1. I think these 4 features would be nice to have in next version.

1. "File=[DriverName], has made the fastest lap" (During Race)

2. During Race and Qualify an option to change the spotter from SELF BEST to OVERALL BEST. This is think its important. At the moment the spotter might say you're faster in the third sector by 4 seconds" and still not get the pole, because you were faster compared to your time and not the best time of maybe another driver. So it would be great to have a option (a parameter) to change from SELF to BEST. VERY IMPORTANT

3. Pit_Out when YOU go out of the pits just after your remove pit limiter the spotter says something like this:
    "go go go"
    "engine is up and running, everything is fine lets burn rubber

4. Session time left in Qualify multiples of 5 example "15 minutes remaining", "10 minutes remaining", "5 minutes remaining"
    Session laps remaining in race example "we're in half race", 10 laps remaining, 5 laps remaining, this is the final lap".

PS. I'VE MADE A SMALL DONATION FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTION TO THIS SPOTTER. I URGE ALL OTHER USERS OF THIS SPOTTER TO MAKE A SMALL DONATION LIKE ME SO THAT GERALD CAN ON HIS FREE TIME CONTINUE DEVELOPING THIS WONDERFUL SPOTTER.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2015
  12. Gerald Jacobson

Indeed need a plugin code update to open the three trigger NewBestLap / NewCategoryBestLap / NewSelfBestLap to all other drivers
    If the need is to enable / disable, via a shortcut, a rule ingame, then yes a plugin code upate will be necessary

Already possible, you juste have to update ini files and create sounds if needed. As a reminder, i no more work on customizing the plugin, i only work on the engine itself. I can give support, but i don't have time to customize needs for users
    I will see for those king of feature

Thanks

13. jefcam

jefcam Registered

v1.8.3 TEST WORKED GREAT..

Thanks Gerald.. regarding POINT2 that during qualifying the spotter says "you're faster in the third sector by 4 seconds"... that means 4 seconds compared with your SELF BEST.

Can this be changed with the POLE TIME/ BEST TIME. I mean does it need engine work or just some change of command which we can do.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2015
  14. Gerald Jacobson

To have the gap compare to best it need an engine update

Today only exists the trigger when you just made a best lap compare to your previous or the category leader or the global leader (NewSelfBestLap / NewBestLap / NewCategoryBestLap )

15. jefcam

jefcam Registered

So for now that cannot be done. If I'm understanding well you create the Triggers and Input and then now it's up to us to create new events.

I've gone through the wiki and I made a small "wish list" of Triggers and Inputs:

Triggers Needed:
    1. Fastest Lap (not your best lap but the best lap of everyone)
    2. Penalty (when you (self) gets a penalty
    3. Request Pit or Crew is ready for pits (to create a sound for example "pit this lap"
    4. Damage (car has some type of body damage)
    5. ExitGarage (when you (self) goes out of garage)

Inputs:
    1. RemainingTime (Like RemainingLaps (which already exists) for spotter to tell you remaining time in qualify)
    2. PenaltyType (what type of penalty if its a drive through or stop and go so spotter can say "We've got a drive through penalty, box next lap" or "Stop and Go, Stop and Go"
    3. An input to replace 'SELFBEST' with 'TOPBEST' so during qualify you are notified of your time with the pole time and not your self best.
    4. DamageType (if its a gear problem, engine problem, lost spoiler front or rear, wheel problem. Spotter will say "Box, Box, Box.. we've lost the rear spoiler.
    5. ExitGarage (Spotter can say "Come on boy let's burn rubber)

Personally I do not know what work involves to create Triggers and Inputs. I have a very close friend from ISI. If we need some help just let me know. I can easily ask.

Image from Spotter 1 (rFactor)
    View attachment 17831

Image from Spotter 2 (rFactor)
    View attachment 17832

PS. I'm working on a new English Sound Pack and now that the plugin has been fixed for players names, I will take requests to create compatablle drivers' sound names for your private leagues.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2015
  16. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Sound Pack v1.1 Available

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2015
  17. Hazi

Hazi Registered

18. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Nice work with the sounds very immersive. Will definitely be using them.

Take off limiter lets burn rubber seems to be over playing. This plays when I am on out lap just warming tyres even though I have taken limiter off. Also after spin it plays again.

Inside the EN folder there is a sound pack 1.0 zip folder as well as all of the individual WAV files. Is this just a left over or does it need to be extracted as well?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2015
  19. Manav

Manav Registered

Great work guys!

Jeff - Are you looking at a possibility to get real voice's for this? As good as the generic bot sounds are some of them are too robotic?

20. jefcam

jefcam Registered

thanks whitmore

that zip file just delete it, by mistake.

I m' working on that problem today and will release a new version with a new event + new sounds. Hopefully today if problems are not to big.