RF2 Server Setup - How to Have Friends Automatically Download Mods/Workshop Content When Joining

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Smiley6491, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Smiley6491

Smiley6491 Registered

Greetings all,

I was able to get a small server up and running using the MAS file utility via the general game launcher. However, I discovered two small issues I am unsure how to resolve:

1) How do I make it so that a friend can automatically download the content needed for the server, without me manually sending him each mod and workshop URLs so he can join? Is this possible? I navigated to the "Multiplayer.json" file and changed the "Enable Autodownloads" parameter from false to true, but my friend still gets the error that says he are missing content.

2) Is it possible to host a server with DLC cars that I own if the people joining don't have them? If so, how does one do this?

Thanks!

2. lagg

lagg Registered

Hi @Smiley6491
    1) It's ok to config "Enable Autodownloads" to true. Furthermore you'll have to put the rfcmps in your packages dir. If the content is from the workshop thei'll have to subscribe to that content before joining the server.
    2) You can host a server with DLC content, only if you have bought it. Only the people who have bought all the content of the server, can join it.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020