rF2 replay only works in v1121

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by spudweasel, Feb 29, 2024.

1. spudweasel

spudweasel Registered

I've used rF2 since its release because of my affection for rF1. rF2 stopped working sometime in 2022. In February 2023 it started to work again, but only intermittently. Sometimes it would launch and sometimes not. It wasn't until the beginning of April that rF2 could be counted on to launch consistently again. However, recorded replays have not been available. By that I mean the replay screen hangs the game at the "Loading replay, please wait" screen and won't advance further.

I have tried everything I can think of, including many suggestions found online, to fix this without success. Those include verifying the files, repairing (as admin) the runtimes and DirectX, rebooting, uninstalling plugins, and shutting down antivirus. I've even tried deleting HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.Vcr\ without it making any difference. I have deleted all old replays. This issue affects newly created replays.

In the past I've been using the stable public version of rF2. Yesterday I decided to try the beta builds. None made any difference except v1121. Replays work fine in that version, although they load slowly just like rF2 replays always did. But they work. They do not work in the other beta builds.

I'm using a fully updated version of Win11 Pro, Intel i9-12900K CPU, 64gb ram, ROG Strix Z690-F mobo, and a Nvidia RTX-3090 with 24gb gram. I only run in single player mode. The screen resolution is 1920x1080. No VR.

I've attached one of the trace files associated with one of the beta versions that doesn't have working replays. The forum does not let me post all four of the trace files at once.

What I want is to get replays to work in the stable public version. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks.

Attached Files: