rF2 out of beta or what did I miss?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cracheur, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

Hi,

this has probably been discussed already... with the risk of double posting...

It seems that rF2 is not beta anymore? It does not seem to ready either, it's all a bit confusing on the Rf2 main website:

"The second installment in the rFactor series is now available. You can find out some information and see some work-in-progress information in the Dev Corner, or you can get involved now with this constantly evolving product." (maybe that's there since some time)

1. "is available" (in absence of beta): I have tendency to read this like "it's finished"; buy it's not beta anymore.
    maybe not:

2. "you can get involved now with this constantly evolving product".. sounds like beta again

However nothing about BETA anymore... and it's still the same release than in december...
    Very strange... evolving product yes, that's what other products do as well. There we call it patches and new maps...
    rF2 is good in many aspects but, come on, it's not ready to be sold as finished game.

Maybe I got everything wrong...

2. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

3. Cracheur

Cracheur Registered

ok... this was discussed in the "a few changes" thread.

In my eyes that's not a transparent approach: renaming the beta simply to a commercial "constantly evolving" and not even saying it clearly...

Why not creating a thread: "build 134" to be first commercial release of rF2. If you think quality is good enough(and I'm not saying anything else), you shouldn't be afraid to market the product clearly as commercial. Why this "inbetween" marketing?

For people that bought the beta it doesn't make a big difference in pratice, except that as long as it's BETA, you know there are bugs. If a product goes out of beta you expect all problems to be solved and the game to be kind of optimized.

Evolving product means to me: new cars, new tracks, new features but not releasing a beta including the bugs. Why this rush after over a year?

I hope this kind of marketing will not become mainstream because it's very confusing, to remain polite

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2013
  4. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

You, me and all others that think that this change, should have not occurred are completely wrong. ISI, has clearly explained that there is nothing unfair or misleading with it. The historic sentence "customer is always right" is not appliable anymore. Time will tell who was right and who was wrong. Do not expect many new rf2 purchases until something happens.

5. Golanv

Golanv Registered

...and 73 other threads.

Still in open beta, move along, nothing to see here.

New smileys! new smileys! new smileys!
    [​IMG]