RF2 not working

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Pits, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Pits

Pits Registered

Hi, all patched up, mod manager says all good, but

Our series at ORA starts tomorrow night but I can't keep in.

When it loads to go into our server it shows "Aintree" track when I get in it says the track as 1966 monty carlo (top left) but we are actually at Braissa ?(how ever you spell it, you get the idea, I'm a driver) ..so it waits 10 seconds then reloads the track again..and again etc

I have reloaded the 3 tracks (historic) and the 3 cars but still no go, I've done the launcher patch (I even grabbed the one off our server) and as said everything looks fine in the launcher. This is my first real unsolvable problem with RF2 I've had. I would very much like to race, I have teamviewer if someone here needs to pop in to my computer to look at configs etc.

Thanks

2. Pits

Pits Registered

Well this is obviously a hard one to fathom out, I know 37 ppl tried hard and thank you, so, can't be fixed ?

3. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

I think its a server issue not a user issue

is anyone able to join your server?
    do you have multiple deddi servers running out of the same server box? This is more than likely the issue...servers not set up properly

4. Pits

Pits Registered

Thanks Nibiru, yes they had their race and it was fun, so nope not a server issue, I've had lots of problems with the new build, biggest was this one as it stops me racing completely.

5. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

Only other thing i can suggest is new install. Check and see if you have a player.tmp file in userdata/player folder (it will be next to the player.plr file), that will be causing the issue. If you do you will need to do a new install just deleting it doesn't work. I had that on a couple of my servers which gave a similar issue your experiencing but all users had the problem as it was server related.

Or you could get your group to go back to the previous build until the next update comes out.

6. Gupster

Gupster Registered

I would:

1. Download 240 Lite
    2. Copy my settings and packages folders to a safe place
    3. Uninstall from windows add/remove programs
    4. Delete rF2 folders from program files and my docs
    5. Install 240 Lite
    6. Copy packages content to new packages folder (I have my packages on a different hard drive so I point the mod manager to that)
    7. Add content I want from Mod Manager
    8. Test!

7. Pits

Pits Registered

I'll do that Gupster, what I like the most is ppl tried to help, are you guys ISI support employees ?

8. Gupster

Gupster Registered

Just users like you my friend.
    Nib is a track modder (Thanks for all your work Nibiru!) I'm a league admin who has to get things running for my whole crew so we've developed skills and knowledge of gmotor sim platforms. The sim racing community is helpful for the most part and will chime in to get another racer to grid because everyone likes a full grid! :)

9. Pits

Pits Registered

Ah a man who knows "stuff" :) ..this is good, can I ask you about RF1, I'm going to anyway.

I host our ORA servers for RF1 and RF2, in RF1 we are getting ppl lagging and disco's after 21 cars join, (we have had 23 in RF2 with no problems so it's not a server issue) do you have a good server multiplayer.ini we can use, we are new to this. It may be amod problem but since the server replay showed everyone smooth yet we got lag I'm thinking it is server related. This is on topic as RF1 and 2 are related.

Thanks

10. Gupster

Gupster Registered

Disclaimer: NAGP doesn't embrace rFactor 1, We currently use GTR2 for our Monday and Thursday leagues (Must have Changeable Weather :)). You may want to ask this question over in the rF1 forum as I have little knowledge about the multiplayer aspect of rF1.

My first guess is something in the server setup.
    Is the config window of the dedi server set to LAN for the connection type?
    The DSL/Cable settings are quite low for today's internet.

11. Gupster

Gupster Registered

12. Pits

Pits Registered

Thanks Gupster, I understand and ty for the link