RF2 not visible in the steam VR SETTINGS.

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Oldgamergazza, Nov 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Oldgamergazza

Oldgamergazza Registered

I can not change the super sampling from 100%, I normally change it per game in the Vr setting per application but the game is not in the list, any body else had this?

2. Oldgamergazza

Oldgamergazza Registered

I contacted Steam and this is their reply.

It appears that the game is missing from the SteamVR Application settings menu due to an improperly set publishing property of the game. The game does appear to support VR, however it is not marked this way on the Store Page by the developer. This means that Steam will not recognize it as a VR game in some contexts.

Unfortunately, this publishing property will need to be updated by the developer in order for the game to be listed. We are unable to change this for the developer, and we recommend reaching out to their support team about this. You can reach rFactor 2 support by using the information from the Official Support section here.

If they ask, they need to add 'openvrsupport = 1' as a property to the game.

Sorry we don't have an immediate fix for you, but if you have any other questions, please let us know - we'll be happy to help.

Steam Support

McFlex likes this.
  3. McFlex

McFlex Registered

4. Goanna

Goanna Registered

It has been reported, once again silence as a response.

5. bbgroovin

bbgroovin Registered

Wondering if anyone else is having issues with RF2 and SteamVR these days .... RF2 used to work fine in VR ... now it doesn't .... acts like it is just a screen in front of you vs. being immersed in a VR experience .... assume this is due to some sort of update recently ? Haven't played the game for a while but wanted to get back into it as I have more time for sim racing in the winter. Used to love RF2 in VR !!! Now after starting the game, I don't get it listed as a choice under the video settings like i used to - in fact when I hit the Video Settings button, I nothing happens. When I put on my VR goggles, the game just looks like a single screen in front of you. Hope they fix it soon if it was due to an update !!! Anybody else have any insight ?

6. lagg

lagg Registered

7. bbgroovin

bbgroovin Registered

Well I have tried everything I can think of. My VivePro works in SteamVR with no issues in AC or ACC.
    BUT I still can't get it to work with RF2 - I even did a complete fresh install.

Issue I keep running into is every time I hit the "Video Settings" button, the cursor goes into a circle for a second or two like the computer is trying do to something, and then nothing happens.
    I can run RF2 with my triples with no issues.

I used to have the Disabled / HMD Only / MD + Mirror under Video Settings when I played it a few months ago but there have been a number of updates to RF2 and to SteamVR since then .... and now it doesn't work for me. So my only conclusion is one of the updates isn't working with the other for RF2.

Anybody have any insight ?

Thanks in advance, Bruce