SOLVED RF2 Nords pack - Not all layouts will load

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by jamesleegte, Apr 10, 2020.

1. jamesleegte

jamesleegte Registered

Happy Easter to all

I bought the Nurburgring pack on its release date and for the last few days I’m having loading issues
    I can load Nurburgring GP and Nords tourist version no problem at all
    I’ve tried to load combined, 24 hour and endurance and all three of them have the same issue. The yellow bar loads to about 85% and then it stops, windows pops a message saying not responding and then it closes down
    No other pack I’ve bought from RF2 or any mod has ever done this
    I will admit these three layouts are my least favourite and this was the first time since it’s release that I’ve tried to load them. I bought the pack purely for tourist Nords and Nurburgring GP. I fancied trying out the other layouts and I’ve tried to load each of them for the last few days and always get the same loading error
    Is anyone else having this issue or know of a fix ?
    I don’t have any Nurburgring or Nords mods in my library only the RF2 Nurburgring pack
    I’ve never tried to load any of the shorter GP layouts either and not sure if they work or not
    Many thanks

2. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Maybe a lack of ram?
    Can you post your PC specs please.

3. jamesleegte

jamesleegte Registered

2080ti i9 9900 overclocked to 4.2 ghz and 16gb ram

4. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Maybe a trace file could help to find the problem.
    You can upload it here.

5. jamesleegte

jamesleegte Registered

I’ve checked the Nurburgring 2018 folder and I have a 1.50 and a 1.51 folder modified 21 02 2020 within the main folder. Is this one of those verify integrity situations or is there a issue with these sub folders? I’ll be honest I have no clue what a trace file is haha

6. Bernd

Bernd Registered

To have the subfolders 1.50 and 1.51 is correct.
    Look at this thread.
    On the screenshot you can see what is necessary to get it.
    Enter trace=3 into the marked field, the start the game.
    After it stopped working, go to the folder that is shown on the right of the screenshot.
    There you'll find the trace file.

7. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Just a suggestion, check to make sure you have no other Nords installed. I had a similar issue, uninstalled my 3rd party nords tracks cleared cbash and shaders and it worked fine for me. May be worth a try.

8. jamesleegte

jamesleegte Registered

Hi there
    I did the trace file and photo attached
    Thank you for helping me I do really appreciate it
    I’ve just been driving no problem on Nurburgring and tourist Nords but still 24 hour, combined and endurance fail at around 85% yellow bar
    James

Attached Files:

9. Bernd

Bernd Registered

You must upload the trace file here.
    I and others have to read it, to hopefully find the reason for the problem. ;)

10. jamesleegte

jamesleegte Registered

Heya
    Please excuse me, up until summer of last year I was a console pleb and im new to the pc malarky
    Hopefully this time I have done it correctly. I'm learning new things as I message you thank you
    Please say I got it right haha

Attached Files:

atomed likes this.
  11. Bernd

Bernd Registered

You got it right. :)

The problem is listed in the last lines of the trace:
    48.96s GraphicsShad 2080: Error opening shaders MAS file layoutnordschleife.mas
    48.96s GraphicsShad 2080: Error opening shaders MAS file layoutnurburgring_nes.mas
    48.96s GraphicsShad 2080: Error opening shaders MAS file layoutnurburgring_sprint.mas
    48.96s GraphicsShad 2080: Error opening shaders MAS file layoutnurburgring_sprint_noch.mas
    48.96s GraphicsShad 2080: Error opening shaders MAS file layoutnurburgringcom.mas
    48.96s GraphicsShad 2080: Error opening shaders MAS file layoutnurburgringgp.mas
    And maybe this is the basic reason:
    og.cpp 33: [CS access token-pool-1-thread-1] CsAuthService Exception: RESTEASY004655: Unable to invoke request
    Unfortunately i can not tell you what causes this problem.
    The only thing that i can imagine now, is that the installation is corrupted and misses some mas files.
    Can you please check if these mas files are in the 1.51 subfolder:
    Norschleife_Ordner.jpg

12. jamesleegte

jamesleegte Registered

Attached Files:

13. Bernd

Bernd Registered

That looks almost ok.
    I say almost, because the mas files are linked to microsoft access as default programm to open them, which is a bit strange.
    Link them to the rfactor 2 mas tool (MAS2.exe) as default programm to open them, that can be found in the folder
    ..\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Support\Tools
    I don't think that this with solve the problem, but who knows.
    If that don't solves the problem, shut down rfactor 2, but let steam open.
    Then go to the folder
    ..\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Launcher
    rightclick on the "Launch rFactor.exe" and select "run as administrator".
    Does that help?

14. jamesleegte

jamesleegte Registered

Heya
    No still the exact same situation
    Ok let’s work on the assumption I previously owned and deleted a AC conversion of Nords. I do have a handful of AC conversions in RF2 and it’s possible I once had an AC Nords conversion from the International Simracing forum. It’s possible i did, I just checked the website now and it does exist. I don’t have a clear memory of owning, but I’m middle aged so anything is possible haha
    Let’s assume I did have it once installed, I’ve deleted it and it’s now causing a clash with 24H combined and endurance
    Where do I look, what do I clear and have I got this to look forward to again if s397 ever make spa haha
    Thank you again
    James

15. jamesleegte

jamesleegte Registered

Hi there and thanks for the reply
    I’ve owned a pc for less than a year, previously a PlayStation pleb
    Is it possible to give a step by step guide how to do this please?
    I’ve been racking my brains all morning to suss out if I ever had a AC convert of Nords, it’s possible I did but it’s long since been deleted.
    How do I clear cbash and shaders and where do I go to find them?
    Many thanks James

16. Bernd

Bernd Registered

At first, before you start the game and do anything else, go to the folder
    ..\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\Installed\Locations
    and delete every folder that sounds like a nordschleife or nürburgring track.
    But NOT the folder Nurburgring_2018. ;)
    Then move to the folder
    ..\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\Log
    There you will find the subfolders CBash and Shaders.
    Delete the whole content of both folders.
    Then start the game.

JimmyT likes this.
  17. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

18. jamesleegte

jamesleegte Registered

Ok I’ve found the two folders, inside are loads of files cbash and rrshd and Csf files
    I found Nords 2016 files, so I guess that answers the question that I definately did once have a nords mod
    Am I deleting the actual folders cbash and shaders, or am I going into the folders and deleting all this files within so that the folder remains but is empty?
    Sorry for the final questions but RF2 is my fave sim ever and I’m slightly scared deleting files, kind of nervous here haha
    Then once I start up RF2 again I assume it will replace everything I’ve deleted within these two folders and I’m ready to go again?

19. jamesleegte

jamesleegte Registered

Ok I’ve found the two folders, inside are loads of files cbash and rrshd and Csf files
    I found Nords 2016 files, so I guess that answers the question that I definately did once have a nords mod
    Am I deleting the actual folders cbash and shaders, or am I going into the folders and deleting all this files within so that the folder remains but is empty?
    Sorry for the final questions but RF2 is my fave sim ever and I’m slightly scared deleting files, kind of nervous here haha
    Then once I start up RF2 again I assume it will replace everything I’ve deleted within these two folders and I’m ready to go again?

20. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

You can just del the files, the game puts them back as needed when you re load. So, when you go to race it will load the files you need for that track etc. After you have done this, the first time you go to a track it will take a bit longer to load because of the re mapping of the files.
    Don't panic we're not having a lend of you there is a thread dedicated to cbash and shaders https://forum.studio-397.com/index....-simple-way-to-clear-shaders-and-cbash.55446/
    Hope that helps.