rF2 League Custom Skins & Replays

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Voltaic, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Hello

I posted in technical support. When I go to a multi-player session in my league all the skins appear as expected, including mine. When I go to the replay none of the skins appear, the cars revert to the mod's default. The odd thing about this is that when I watch replays I transferred made with v798, the skins as they should.

Also, every new session when I get in the in the car I have to set my seat position, this used to be remembered by rF2.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Update: I did a complete reinstall of v860, the issue persists. ISI? Any feedback?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2014
  2. Gupster

Gupster Registered

Last week Premier Sim Racing did a drive up the Transfargarasan Highway, some of the boys had custom skins and they do show in my replay... FYI

Honda NSX-R was the car we were in.

3. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

This may well be a localized/sporadic issue. How to fix it though? As I mentioned, older replays made with v798 show up correctly, the new replays done in version 860 do not. A completely new install of v860 did not resolve the issue. Below is a video I just made, aside from the skin problem there seems to be a much lower sound during the replay. Also, the seat position resets during every new session.

The video should be viewable shortly...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2014
  4. I3bullets

I3bullets Registered

I can confirm this both for the 860 and the new 880 build!
    My observation is: If the skin is a single .dds it shows in the replay but it doesn't if it is in a .mas file (along with skins for windows, driver and so on).
    Which is bad. :mad:

5. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I confirm your bug report with 880. An alternate skin (if it has more than one file, skin + helmet to give a sample packed in a mas) or the same defined for a virtual driver behave differently.

In RF1 a variant of this bug was already present (if your skin had changed by instance the colour of the rims you saw them in replays when you were driving that car, but not when it was driven by AI.).

Thanks to the ISI team to have a look.

6. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Indeed it appears the bug was introduced (at least for me) with build 860. Version 880 has the same problem, online or solo.

Some feedback would be appreciated.