rF2 how to get ISI car to dev mode

Discussion in 'Wiki' started by jtbo, Oct 20, 2012.

1. jtbo

jtbo Registered

To get car into dev mode, this is how I do it currently, there are probably other ways too, but this way I get it into dev mode fastest and as I don't edit graphics, only physics, it is simpler to keep graphics packed.

First I copy all stuff to their places, after that I extract what I want to edit and remove .mas files that I don't need to keep things clean.

Step1: Copy 'FormulaISIr' folder from rf2data\Installed\Vehicles to rf2data\ModDev\Vehicles

Step2: Copy 'FormulaISIr_RFM_10.mas' from rf2data\Installed\rFm to rf2data\ModDev\rFm

Step3: Copy 'FISIR_Sounds.mas' from rf2data\Installed\Sounds\FISIR\1.0 to rf2data\ModDev\Vehicles\FormulaISIr\1.0
    Correct place for this would be actually sounds folder, but I want to save some typing and as we can't extract sounds anyway, it is pretty much same where those are...

Step4: Starting Mas2 tool, double click MAS2.EXE from rf2data\Support\Tools

Step5: Extracting 'FormulaISIr_RFM_10.mas', as you now should have MAStool open, drag and drop 'FormulaISIr_RFM_10.mas' to MAStool and you can see files listed in window, hit ctrl-a, then right click some of the filenames and choose from popup menu command 'Extract...' navigate to path rf2data\ModDev\rFm and extract files there, don't close MAStool.

Step6: drag and drop 'FISIR_MAIN.mas' from rf2data\ModDev\Vehicles\FormulaISIr\1.0 to MAStool, hit ctrl-a right click some file and choose 'Extract...', navigate to rf2data\ModDev\Vehicles\FormulaISIr\1.0 and extract files there.

Step7: Delete 'FISIR_MAIN.mas' from rf2data\ModDev\Vehicles\FormulaISIr\1.0, also delete FormulaISIr_RFM_10.mas' from rf2data\ModDev\rFm

We now have everything on correct places so we need to change few lines in files to make it all work.

Step8: open 'FISIR.GEN' and FISIR_SPINNER.GEN in notepad++ from rf2data\ModDev\Vehicles\FormulaISIr\1.0:
    We are interested from this section:

SearchPath=<VEHDIR>

SearchPath=<VEHDIR>FISIR\maps
    SearchPath=<VEHDIR>cmaps_maps
    MASFile=FISIR\FISIR.mas
    MASFile=cmaps.mas

I changed it like this:

SearchPath=<VEHDIR>
    SearchPath=FormulaISIr\1.0
    //SearchPath=<VEHDIR>FISIR\maps
    //SearchPath=<VEHDIR>cmaps_maps
    MASFile=FormulaISIr\1.0\FISIR.mas
    MASFile=cmaps.mas
    MASFile=FISIR_TEAMSa.mas

Remember to do change to both .gen files.

Step9: open 'ISIFM_10.RFM' from rf2data\ModDev\rFm add two lines after this:

//[[gMa1.002f (c)2012 ]] [[ ]]
    Mod Name = ISI Formula Masters
    Mod Version = 1.0

Lines that must be added:

Track Filter = * NSCRS SRGrandPrix OWChallenge TMOD
    Vehicle Filter = FISI_ROAD

Well, only * is needed for track filter, but rest came when I copied from another mod that I had moved earlier to dev mode and did not know what I know today, tomorrow I know again some more...

After that it should work in dev mode, error saying gridmarker could not be loaded means some path in .gen file is wrong, if can't select car but can select series, then RFM file needs some attention.

2. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Ok, I did edit title and now there are two posts, worse named should be removed, couldn't figure out how to do that.

3. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

edit: does anybody know if there is an updated guide to do this? The files seemed to have changed names since this was written. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2014