rF2 driving me nuts

Discussion in 'ISI cars and tracks' started by Allmen F Quester, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Allmen F Quester

Allmen F Quester Registered

I know that I am not stupid, but this rF2 confusion is making me feel like I am.
    I have been fighting with it since update 134.
    For driving most mods, I am limited to one or two tracks.
    For example when I pick the trainer, I am limited to Lime Rock Park.
    The other trainer limits me to Joesville.
    None of the mods offer more than two or three tracks.
    The "All tracks and mods" feature does not let me click "accept."
    I have spent hours trying to get all my mods installed but I continue to get a message, "Cannot install the following mods."
    I have tried reinstalling, and I also completely un-installed it and then reinstalled it again. View attachment 6057 View attachment 6058

2. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Well that's a head scratcher. Can you post a screenie of that?

3. JGraf

JGraf Registered

@allmen
    those mods you show "unable to install" are actually all virtual mods (vMods) made by server hosts for racing select content on there personal servers, they are probably all obsolete, and need uninstalled then deleted from your packages.
    the vMod > All Cars by F1Elites.com in your screenshot, it shows HistoricTalent 1.0 Not Installed ...the current HistoricTalent version is 1.1
    if there is still a server using that vmod, then you will have to uninstall the historic mod and reinstall only the 1.0 version.
    my guess is it's obsolete and needs to be deleted.

best approach to troubleshooting missing or inactive game buttons, install the game clean, using the most current full build installer. (build 146)

4. Allmen F Quester

I am still confused. I just went to catch a screenshot, my game resolution had changed from 1920x1080 to 1024x768... weird. The good news is that now my "All Cars & Tracks" option is working. For the record, I do not drive sims online, only against the AI.

5. Allmen F Quester

I am using build 146.

6. Allmen F Quester

Thanks for the responses. Sorry if I seem like a dolt.

7. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

So did you do an "update" or a "full install".
    I've never yet had a 100% successful "update". always ended up doing "full install" in the end.

Generally, the only time screen resolution changes by itself is when you install different video card drivers. Obsolete vMods sounds to be part of your problems. The missing talent file would be due to a badly packed vMod or it has a dependency on another car.

8. Allmen F Quester

I had done updates, then a complete un-install, and full install (Build 146). I had re-installed all mods and tracks that I have, and I had gone in and set all my options in-game, the screen resolution, controller assignments, etc., and could not use the "All tracks and cars" feature in-game, so I wrote the original post.
    Then when I went to get a screen-shot, the monitor resolution had changed, and I found the "All tracks and cars" option was working.
    Then I just changed my in-game resolution back to the 16/9 format, and my frustration was eliminated.
    While I am here, can someone direct me to the historic talent mod files?

9. Allmen F Quester

Notice in my first post, the first screen-shot shows the "Historic Talent" as not installed, and in the second screen-shot it says that it is installed. The screen-shots were taken: [2013-02-06 06 45 39 versus 2013-02-06 06 47 34] which means 5 seconds less than 2 minutes apart. I had not changed anything.

10. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Do you mean the downloads or to find the "historic talent"files in rf folder?

11. MJP

MJP Registered

JGraf has already answered this in post #3. Those 'F1_Elites' vMODs are well out of date, think they were made within the first week of rF2 beta. The vMOD you show in your first screen-shot required v1.0 of the ISI 60's mod but ISI updated it to v1.1 ages ago and from your second screen-shot that's what you have installed, that's why that old 'F1_Elites' vMOD won't install.

12. Allmen F Quester

I guess I was looking for the outdated vMod, but I now understand a little better that I do not need it. Do I need to delete it from somewhere?
    For some tracks I have v1 and v1.1 both showing in the mod manager, can I delete the earlier version?

I have never had the commentator say anything and I am wondering if that feature has yet to be added, or do I need to do something I've omitted?