rF2 doesn't detect my nVidia card anymore, only integrated graphics

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by The1Dijk, Jun 12, 2014.

1. The1Dijk

The1Dijk Registered

I've been playing rF2 happily on my laptop for almost half a year now. My latop has an integrated Intel HD 4000 graphics card and a dedicated nVidia GT650m card.

Of course I've been using the dedicated nVidia card to play. This is easily done by forcing rF2 to use the nVidia card via the nVidia control panel.

Yesterday I booted up rF2 when all of a sudden my framerate was dramatically low. I checked the setting and saw that rF2 was using the integrated Intel card instead of my nVidia card. The thing is that I can't select my nVidia card anymore. The config screen only shows my integrated device. What happened here?

I was hoping to resolve the problem by reinstalling rF2, but sadly this was to no avail. :( No matter how hard I try to force rF2 to use my nVidia card, it doesn't show up.

I thought maybe my card was dead, but it DOES still work flawlessly for all my other games.

Can anybody help me out here?

2. TJones

TJones Registered

Did you delete rF2 data folder before reinstall?

3. The1Dijk

The1Dijk Registered

Yes, I did, but didn't delete the remaining rFactor2 dir. After deleting that dir and reinstalling it worked again.

It happened again quite quickly but I found the problem this time. It was related to the d3d9.dll that was installed in the core directory by the trackmap mod. After deleting that specific file, things were back to normal.

Sadly I can't use the trackmap mod now, unless somebody has a workaround.