RF2 crashing problem

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Edmund Roland, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Edmund Roland

Edmund Roland Registered

1.When I select a Formula 2 car and go to any track, the loading screen gets to about 4/5 along the progress bar and then stops. About 10 minutes later Windows comes up saying Rfactor 2 has stopped working. I don't know whether it's related but when I choose an F2 car, 2 of every option come up.

2.When I am in the online mode (at the moment I only race in the ISR_Megane room), I will get through qualifying but windows will say Rfactor 2 has crashed just before the race.

3. Whereas my RF2 nickname used to come up in online rooms, it is now my full real name. I would rather it went back to my nickname.

4. The launcher always forgets my login even when I click 'remember me'

5. When all these problems started happening, all the options in the settings section of the game had reset to default. The hud had also reset to default.

Does anyone have any idea what a solution might be?

2. Bart S

Bart S Member

Delete al evidence of the game, reinstall using fresh downloaded installer same with all the components.
    Sounds to me perhaps like your pc may be overheating etc, is it warm hot? do you overclock?

3. Edmund Roland

Edmund Roland Registered

It's definitely not an overheating problem.

After removing everything and reinstalling the game, I still have the same problems. Thus I think it is something to do with the registry. The computer is essentially as stock, so I don't think anything else is interfering with RF2. I can only imagine it may be a faulty mod or a bad exit of the game.

Has anyone else had similar problems?

4. stonec

stonec Registered

5. Edmund Roland

Edmund Roland Registered

Thanks stonec, that problem is sorted.

6. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

#3 can depend on how the server is configured. (Enforce Real Name=0/1 in multiplayer.ini)

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

1. I would make sur eyou only have the latest F2 installed, and perhaps redownload it.

8. Edmund Roland

Edmund Roland Registered

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try them out.

How would one go about changing my name or nickname according to RF2? I have a long name, and the last letter of it doesn't show up.

9. Edmund Roland

Edmund Roland Registered

I forgot to mention; it's bizarre that all these problems started happening at the same time

10. Edmund Roland

Edmund Roland Registered

Oh and lastly, when I go to the update section in the launcher, a whole bunch of things come up as 'verification failed'

11. Edmund Roland

Edmund Roland Registered

I deleted and reinstalled the game.

The F2 problem appears to have stopped now. I think I had a couple of versions of the F2 which may have confused the game. I may have also inadvertently downloaded some dodgy/out of date mods.

However, my full name still comes up in the Megane server with the last letter missing. It appears as it should do in an offline race. I'm pretty sure my nickname used to come up in the same room.

I have yet to see whether problems 2 & 5 crop up again.

12. Edmund Roland

Edmund Roland Registered

Update: all these problems have stopped now I've turned hdr off in Video Res settings

13. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Timw@imagespaceinc.com

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

14. Edmund Roland

Edmund Roland Registered

thanks, Tim, but strangely enough, turning off HDR has also fixed the name problem. My nickname always comes up now, even in servers where it never used to. I wonder why they're connected.