RF2 crashes with new 3070ti GPU

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by DaveW68, Mar 10, 2022.

Tags:
  1. DaveW68

DaveW68 Registered

Hi All,
    I've ran RF2 since 2014 and have upgraded my PC and GPU's twice with no issues.

This week I purchased as new Nvidia 3070ti and installed as required and installed all the latest drivers .

Since then I am unable to run RF2, it open and starts to load up, I get to the point where the mod loads, OI select my car etc, then the track starts to load and this is where my issues start it loads to 100% then hangs - 20-30 mins later the track loads and the red drive button appears I press this and the screen hangs again any kind of clicking or trying to go back causes a ghostly grey screen and a prompt saying cancel or wait for program to respond .... all I can do here is crash RF2 ....

I have done several clean installs of GPU drivers and still nothing....

My others SIMS Assetto Corsa and Automobista2 run fine no issues.

But RFactor2 is my go to sim as I race this religiously every week in my league

Any support/suggestions/Help would be greatly received - Many Many Thanks in advanced from a very frustrated RF2/NVidia 3070ti user

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Did you try renaming / moving your Userdata folder yet? Then run the video config obviously.

3. DaveW68

DaveW68 Registered

Run the video config file ...
    Not 100% sure what this means
    I deleted my player file contents (well made a back up of it on a different drive) then unistalled and reinstalled RF2 unsubscribed to my steam content and reloaded/updated 40 packages ... re-ran the game but no joy gets to loading track page hangs at 100% stage as previously

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Did you remove what was in the UserData folder when you did all that? To ensure nothing old is left behind. (uninstalling by itself won't do it)

The video config just means setting up the video settings, by clicking PLAY in steam (rF2) and setting your graphics card and resolution. When you remove/rename the UserData folder you need to do that again.

Do you run any graphics programs that might interfere? Rivatuner and that kind of thing. Also antivirus that might somehow get involved? If you can back those off or temporarily disable any advanced scanning options for testing.

Finally you can try and make a trace file and attach it (the whole thing) here, it may help to find anything. Or it might not, there have been a few similar things I've seen in recent months and I don't know if they've all been resolved.

atomed and Seven Smiles like this.
  5. DaveW68

DaveW68 Registered

solved: I basically had to completely uninstall RF2 and delete everything associated with it, I saved all my setups to a neutral folder, I then ran DDU cleaner and ran a clean GPU driver install. I then installed RF2 and all the updates and content to a different drive (a luxury I have is 1 x SSD 1 x M2 Nano Drive and 1TB HHD) this solved the issue as installing the new GPU may or may not of caused a conflict/corruption error. NOTE: think my mistake was I should have used the DDU facility and uninstalled the old drivers for old GPU first (an option offered by DDU software) pre installing new GPU --- Lesson to be learnt here.
    Hope this may help others

Seven Smiles likes this.