rF2 crash after alt+tab

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by javirulo007, Nov 10, 2015.

1. javirulo007

javirulo007 Registered

Dear All,
    After loading a track and doing some laps, I used to ESC to menu and press alt+tab to go to Motec Program. The problem is that after that secuence the rF2 is no longer available and I have to end it with program manager (ctrl-alt-supr).
    I run rF2 in fullscreen mode. The curious thing is that if I run rF2 in windowed mode that error does not happen.
    Is there any thing that I can do to avoid the error in Fullscreen mode?
    Thanks in advance!

2. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

This is not considered a bug. It has been reported a thousand of times but no solution since rF1 ages.

Durge will tell you how fantastic windowed mode works for him. It doesn't for me and others.

I don't know why, but in my case it only happens online. Offline it restores back to game properly. I always thought that this could be a clue to see where the flaw is.

But as I said we are both losing your time reporting this. You have my support and sympathy.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

3. javirulo007

javirulo007 Registered

noski
    Who else can offer support and sympathy than another simracer from the same region of the world!
    Eskerrik asko

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think I've seen some reports of people having more luck with Ctrl-Esc (effectively the windows key) but couldn't vouch for that myself

I use windowed mode to avoid any of this hassle, but I'm also willing to put up with slightly lower FPS and forced vsync, especially on windows 10 where you can't turn off aero.

5. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

I also tried ALT+ESC but it doesn't solve the problem.

I cannot say if the likelihood of it occurring is higher, lower or the same.

It occurs very randomly. Usually it is not the first time you hit ALT+tab or ALT+Esc.

Besides since I upgraded to w10, killing the task takes much more time than with W7 (*). Hence, I don't perform those many tests regarding ALT TAB as I used to before.

(*) Task manager loses the focus itself when I use the mouse. It switches to rF2 despite its screen is not visible. I need to use the keyboard to select and kill the task. It sucks.

Enviado desde mi SM-G130HN mediante Tapatalk

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Plugins installed (or turned On as it is now) has had an effect on ALT+TAB for me in the past, but as ever many programs on Windows based PCs have trouble with ALT+TAB, so FYI it's not just RF2.

7. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Build 1028
    Borderless window mode.
    Working like a charm online.
    Screen completely fulfills as if it was full screen.

I will now test on performance to see if there is any impact but it is an excellent news.

A BIG THANKS

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

8. Euskotracks

Euskotracks Registered

Borderless Windowed Mode - 1366x768
    2015-11-11 21:54:20 - rFactor2
    Frames: 6560 - Time: 124390ms - Avg: 52.737 - Min: 46 - Max: 61

Fullscreen Mode - 1366x768
    2015-11-11 21:57:11 - rFactor2
    Frames: 8963 - Time: 124235ms - Avg: 72.146 - Min: 59 - Max: 88

Good news always have a "but"-.
    Running Windows 10.

9. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Plus you can only run Fullscreen when you've got a Crossfire setup, otherwise Windowed or Borderless defaults to the Primary card only.