RF2 and Track IR

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by Max Attack, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Max Attack

Max Attack Registered

We tested track IR 5 pro on RF2 today using a 3 screen set up. Straight after we plugged it in and launched RF2, it worked a treat.
    Running Track IR with 3 screens is always a better experience than on one but running RF2 with face tracking is AWESOME.
    The movements are subtle. When you hear a faster car coming from behind especially with some well positioned 5.1 speakers a small turn of the head results in a fluent no delay movement on screen. You can look at 3 o clock or 9 o clock very very quickly.

I encourage you all to give it a go. It does take a few laps to get used to it if you haven't used one before, but for me, on RF2 it was like Wow! this is so much better now. I love it.

2. Max Attack

Max Attack Registered

3. RGrueira

RGrueira Registered

4. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

5. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Hey Max, should your "roll" axis (not sure what it's called in TrackIR as I use FreeTrackNoIR) be opposite of what you have it set in the video?

Scott

6. Max Attack

Max Attack Registered

Thanks. As you can see, I havn't set up the POV yet.
    @ Scott. Thats how it works out of the box with RF2. Its right I'm sure. Does FTnoir work oppisite?

7. Max Attack

Max Attack Registered

Thanks again RGrueira. I just read all that again and now can't wait to get a better FOV.
    So how do you change it? Sorry, I'm 30km's away from my rig at the moment. I like to find out how to do these things when I'm at home so when I go to work I know what to do.

With out looking at the calculators fully, I didn't see any one touch on the subjects of monitor angles or how to change the settings in RF2. Are the FOV settings in RF2 more user friendly than in RF?

Could Track IR be used as a tool to see what positions you can get? Does Track IR cancel out your settings when you use your new settings? Are there any settings in the Track IR program that I should adjust to make it better or should I just leave it?

Thanks.

8. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

FaceTrackNoIR works either way, but I'm kinda thinking TrackIR should have some sort of option to do that too, maybe not. I just think when you look up and down, your view goes up and down; and when you look left and right, your view goes left and right; likewise if I tilt my head to the left, the left side of the horizon goes up and the right side goes down. Did I explain that right, I think I did. Anyway, I believe your's may be set wrong, as when you tilt your head to the left, your horizon stays level with your eyes in the video.

Scott

9. RGrueira

RGrueira Registered

Hey Max sorry for the delay.

i dont use calculator for setting the fov, always give a value too low, and dislike it , then i use my eyes, until i feel its ok.
    The Fov value you can change inside rFactor2, on "settings" "Display" Vertical Fov.
    Yes on rF2 are more user friendly than rf1. They increase the degrees range.

i dont understand very well the question.
    Maybe.. changing the fov value you need to do little changes on the sensibility settings in track ir. Maybe.
    There are 6 axis, i just play with the sensibility graphic settings.
    The priority is configure the dead zones on the 6 axis for not to affect the little head movements.
    And then set the rest to taste.
    For me the main axis is "yaw" (look left/right)
    The rest i configure with low sensibility.

10. Max Attack

Max Attack Registered

Thanks for your comments all, it helped me lots. I tested it and inverted the roll, it works flawlessly. Will post a vid soon as I can find a camera man.

11. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Great to hear! Can't wait to see the video. I used to have a three monitor set up but one monitor broke down, leaving me with just two, and I hate racing with a "post" in the middle of my view. It's really not all that bad when combined with something like TrackIR or FaceTrackNoIR, because you can somewhat look around the "post" to see off into the distance. But sometimes you just gotta know for sure whats in that "blind spot". So at the moment I'm just using a single monitor.

Scott

12. Max Attack

Max Attack Registered

13. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Oh Man! I really need my 3rd monitor. Money's tight in our household at the moment, but I did finally get the okay to collect 35% of what we make on just my stuff over this coming weekends "garage sale". It may not amount to much, but, Here's hoping for some good sales.

Scott

- - -By the way, what are the sizes of your monitors and do you use Eyefinity, TripleHead2Go, SoftTH, or something else to combine them?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2012
  14. sf4JC

sf4JC Registered

Hey Max, just read your system specs... 24" Monitors... AWESOME!!!

Scott

15. Max Attack

Max Attack Registered

Best of luck with the sale sf4JC. Fingers crossed.

I use eyefinity. The monitors are Asus 2ms 60hz, they cost $186AU each. 3 monitors are the best thing since sliced bread.
    I have to say Dirt3 looks awesome on 3 screens with all the bells and whistles.
    The whole unit is a custom build for a very special customer who shall remain nameless for now, for now.
    So I have to give this rig up one day soonish. It still needs a LOT of testing..... + I have a Frex shift+ on its way. Have to fit that and test it. My extensive tests can take weeks, months even. ;)
    The customer gets his first drive when he flys in next week.

I have unit like it in my office that is mine but not quite as good.

16. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

I had my TrackIR on the shelf collecting dust until the new Monza dropped. On the high banks that TIR really comes in handy!

17. Max Attack

Max Attack Registered

I agree Guy. I don't like it much on Monaco because Monaco's to bumpy, but on most of the others its cool.

One thing I have noticed and it could be a bug, and thats when i drive a ISI F1 @ Mid ohio, when I tilt my head (left or right ear down) the car also tilts. I havn't tested to see if this happens on other tracks or other cars yet.

18. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

Boing!

I just got my Trackir5 today and have been searching for the best setup - can't find much of relevance in this forum!

I've got triple screens and am currently running my trackir (v5.2 sw) with the one:eek:ne profile. Exaggerated yaw and head-movement set to zero in rF2 590.

With limited testing, I've found this driveable - but the head movement perhaps a little low - what settings/profiles are anyone else running?

19. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

I have Head Movement on

Try messing with these lines in the .plr file

Glance Rate="100.00000" // Rate to follow controller for glancing
    Look Up/Down Angle="1.20000" // Angle to look up/down (pitch) w/ controller in radians (= degrees / 57)
    Glance Angle="1.20000" // Angle to look left/right (yaw) w/ controller in radians (= degrees / 57)

I also use a 1:1 profile in TIR

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2014
  20. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Whilst this thread is bumped I have a testing request for TrackIR users.

When driving the Karts my head seems to be off centre. Can someone try this:

Increase your seat height and move it back. Look ahead and centre the view. Now look down and you should be able to see a headless body....... Is it in line? My viewpoint is always off to the right.

I would like to know whether this is an issue with my settings or the Sim.
    Thanks.