RF2 and DDUs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The_Bad_Fasterd, Nov 22, 2023.

1. The_Bad_Fasterd

The_Bad_Fasterd Registered

I recently got a 5" DDU and am using mostly Lovely dash so far.
    One thing I miss though is some info like "lights" "TC" etc being displayed.
    I dont like using the message center and was wondering if theres a way to have this info on my DDU through some sort of plugin or if I am just overlooking something inn my settings?

Its showing BB and theres notifications for TC/headlights in the message center, why not on the dash?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2023
  2. r00b Driver

r00b Driver Registered

Yeah, I don't think there is an easy way to get those Message Center messages on HUD.
    I looked into it, as i use SimHub and thr message center is...ugly, so wanted to replace it - but there are things that are displayed that I couldn't find a way to access.

Would be useful to have some updated info pumped out from the game into the Shared Memory Map.

3. Elcid43

Elcid43 Registered

Believe it or not, it is one of the reasons I don't play rF2 as much anymore, that and the new (lack of) adjustable tire sounds.

4. The_Bad_Fasterd

The_Bad_Fasterd Registered

I wouldnt go that far but its definitly my most urgent first world problem right now so I hope someone does something about it.
    I assume it would have implemented by now if its as easy as I think it is, but Im not a game developer unfortunately.
    Lets hope someone sees this and thinks yeah we should fix this somehow.:)

r00b Driver likes this.