Revival Racing Events

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Galaga, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Moving to a single thread format.

Irreverent Racers has changed its name to Revival Racing.

By popular demand, the next event has been changed to:

Nordschleife Tourist – Sunday, August 18 18:00 GMT

All details available here --> Link

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2013
  2. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Man you are jumping names and locations so much I can't keep up. I've been practicing Nord 75 for 2 or 3 days. Just figured out Revival Racing is the new name and the race is Nord Tourist. Oh well, much better looking version (tho I miss the old pit straight, front and back). But please... run some AI there to get some rubber down!

3. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Hey, Rick. Sorry about name confusion. I didn't have ability to change title and also wanted to get away from event-specific title as it is too easy to make a mistake in the title and then not be able to fix it. And I also didn't want to include an "AKA" in a permanent title. FWIW, I did Send you two PMs several days ago about new Nords and also about the matchmaker statistics. Have you seen league website yet? I will make sure to get rubber down. See you on Sunday!

4. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

No Prob. Too bad there is no way for a thread starter change the title of his thread.

Seems like I used to get notices when I had an incoming PM but that isn't happening now. Maybe there's a switch I need to throw in my preferences. BTW I like the new name and the website. It will be nice when you get a critical mass of 60's F1 enthusiasts to start racing for points.

The Nords race will be (as usual in my experience) a different kind of race. Especially with a small field. I'd suggest as before that you shorten the 2nd qualy. Or maybe, with such a monster track, just do a way with it and just race again after a mother nature break. Unless of course your hoping some extra time will allow more drivers to drop in. Actually it's your gig and I should shut up and let you be the driver. But thanks a lot for taking the suggestion of rubbering the track. I've built one up with about 60 car-laps so far on it. It would be more if that damn safety car would just stay parked!

5. rer8

rer8 Registered

Hello Galaga,
    Got your note reference changes... Hectic week... will try to get a few laps in... I like the name... I plan to cya Sunday:)

6. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Hey, Rick. Your feedback is always great so please keep it coming :). I agree fully regarding the 2nd qualy. I will replace it with a 5 minute warmup for bio-break. Regarding race itself what I have found in the past is that the race will start and if there is enough people then it will be a great race but even if there is not enough people then it is still fun because equally-matched people will tend to wait for each other and then race hard, etc. I have had awesome battles like this where the ultimate winner doesn't matter so much because you are waiting for each other but the battles that ensue when back close together can be very, very intense. So let's see how it goes. And yes I will be very, very happy when there are numbers to support a championship. BTW - I am going to drop Topeka from rotation because I agree that there is nowhere to pass.

7. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Sounds good! Looking forward to seeing you out there! :)

8. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Server is up for unofficial practice. Official practice begins at 18:00 GMT. This event is open to the public.

9. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Galaga, I sent you an email.

10. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

I lost the track when you re-posted it with the rubbered real road.