Revival Racing (60s F1) @ Malaysia Full - Sunday, September 22 18:00 GMT

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Galaga, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Revival Racing (60s F1)
    Historic Cars / Modern Tracks

[​IMG]

Server name is RevivalRacing60sF1PUBLIC (practice server will be up 24 hrs a day until race)
    Cars are 60s F1 --> Spark, Eve, Brabham
    20min practice, 10min qualify, Race 1 (20laps), 7min warmup/break, optional Race 2 (20laps ; reverse grid)
    Auto clutch allowed

League site --> Link

League membership is not required and there is no need to signup for the race.

Time conversions (18:00 GMT):

[​IMG]

-----

This will be Revival Racing's second trip to Malaysia. Here are highlights of the first two online races in July (Results --> http://simresults.net/130729-Es0):

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2013
  2. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Practice server is up and will be up 24 hrs a day until race.

3. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

I have to join your league to participate?
    Don´t you think 8 laps is too few laps?

4. Galaga

Galaga Banned

No need to join. Funny you should mention number of laps because I have been wanting to do a longer race. How many laps do you think?

5. MrMaverick

MrMaverick Registered

More laps would be good, mind you 8 laps here is a 18 min race, maybe 12 laps , thats about 27 mins, plus that extra few laps may show up some car setup flaws with over heating tires, i think the brabhams are better on fuel so that may give them a bit of a needed advantage from the start of the race being lighter than the others, may have to drop the damage % a bit as in race 1 if you get taken out in the first lap its unlikely you will hang around for race 2. not turn it off fully but enough to stop the argy bargy and taking people out. so maybe 12 laps with damage % at about 10, 15. ether way i will try to be there as it is on monday 2 in the mornin for me. CHEERS.

6. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Sounds perfect to me.

7. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Crikey that's dedication! I'll be there to help fill the field. I like this track.

8. Axe

Axe Registered

hi

from my point of view, damage at 10 or 15 could be some sort of invulnerability. I can clearly see the risk that the drivers would tend to impatience risky drive feeling too safe. I think current settings (40 or 50?) is a good compromise between let say my expectations:) and expectations of most of internet crowd.
    Frankly, from my point of view, not a problem to set 100% damage and full real lenght of race :)
    but I understand and accept there is a need of a compromise and I enjoy your events also in current form

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2013
  9. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Yes, that is dedication! :). I must have misread or missed that last sentence the first time around.

10. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Yeah after some testing and considering that our events almost never have issues with incidents, i am inclined to leave it at 50% b/c damage is critical to the experience. Without sufficient damage, there is nothing left to protect ;). However, since I am expecting a larger grid this week I will make it 40% with the goal of raising it back to 50% for the following races unless we have major issues.

11. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Just in case someone tried to connect, server was down a bit for maintenance but is back up now.

12. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

13. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Sounds good to me. Let's do twenty this week and see how it goes. Second race is optional. Will update OP.

14. MrMaverick

MrMaverick Registered

OK 20 laps, just thinking about the rubber on the track, do you let it build up from session to session and race or do you reset it for each session? maybey a 5 min warmup before race for people to get used to a heaver fueled up car may help first lap chaos, ( can we do that?, is that an option, havnt seen it done before.) This should be good. anyone else driving a brabham?

15. Galaga

Galaga Banned

yeah i'm thinking light rubber layer and build up from session to session and also starting practice earlier for those who want to run longer to test fuel and handling changes over time. So I would like to begin practice earlier at 17:30 and start qualify at 18:30. Those who cannot start earlier can just join at the regular time of 18:00. Anyone object?

16. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Just a hotlap video:

17. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Official practice in 30min...

18. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Official practice as begun...

19. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Qualify begins in 3 minutes...

20. Jerry Luis

Jerry Luis Banned

Sorry, couldn´t make it on time. Hope everything went fine and waiting for the next event.