Request: Porsche 914-6

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Haudi, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Haudi

Haudi Registered

I have the CSGT 1970 World Sportscar Championship mod in RF1. I also race a historic 914-6. A while ago I edited the CSGT 914-6 engine parameters to reflect the larger 2.5l engine in my car and I've been using it to help with basic pre-race setups, especially gearing. It's been a huge help and in fact this past weekend I dominated an event at VIR with big thanks to using rFactor to go against outside advice on my 3rd gear choice which allowed me to avoid a shift in an awkward spot and gain a good chunk of time.

This summer I'm racing on the Indianapolis road course. Last year my father ran the event and his gearing was all wrong, but I don't have video nor good data with which to use to pick this year's gear set. Of course the new configuration Indy road course isn't in RF1, and there are no 914's for RF2. I lack the skill set to build the car as well as the time. I'd love to find someone that can help build or port a 914 to RF2 for private or public use. CSGT/NEChris ported the 914 from NFS5 and they don't appear to be around any longer (I've attempted contacting them for permission to release my modded car multiple times). I'd be willing to pay, though be aware that I'm not rich; I only get to go racing by my father and I saving for months and splitting the cost to share the car at about 3 events per year ;-).

I'm open to other ideas too, like modding an existing vehicle to be close enough in handling to get reasonable corner exit speeds and the right aero and engine setups. Obviously it would be nice to race my car in-game, but I'd be just as happy driving a black cube so long as the performance is somewhat close ;-).

Lowly little 914 leading the pack in to turn 3:
    View attachment 16425

2. hak

hak Registered

Uh-oh.....Valter is gonna be upset.

3. Haudi

Haudi Registered

Please inform me why so I can edit or delete my post as needed. I thought I'd been through the rules and etiquette, but that was a few weeks ago and I was quite sleepy so I may have missed something ;-).

4. Haudi

Haudi Registered

The readme with the mod says specially that the 911 and 914 were ported from NFS5.

5. Haudi

Haudi Registered

I believe I have a source for an original work model to use. From my standpoint of having never done this that seems the most time consuming part, so I'm likely to have a go at the rest of the work involved.