request forconsidering progressive tire squeal

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by samuelw, Feb 1, 2014.

1. samuelw

samuelw Registered

I ask ISI to consider incorporating a progressive tire squeal into rF2. By progressive tire squeal I mean the amount and quality of the tire squeal is proportional to the amount the tire is sliding. I see the primary advantage of a progressive tire squeal as imparting feel and feedback to the driving experience by acting as a substitute for g-forces. My first sim was GP2. GP2 had no visual cue for an oversteering car (at least for me). In GP2 I was totally dependant on a progressive tire squeal to know when the limit was reached. We do not experience g-forces simming, but progressive tire squeal can serve as a remarkably good substitute. I drove GPL for a decade which many also described as ice racing. GPL did not have a progressive tire squeal, it was either squeal or no squeal. Currently rF2 also (it seems to me) has a tire squeal that is either on or off which I believe is the reason that many ascribe the ice racing descriptor to rF2. I have tried a very popular competitor to rF2 which has less developed and currently inaccurate physics but has a progressive tire squeal which imparts feel to the driving experience. My belief is their popularity is mostly due to a progressive tire squeal. Relying only on visual cues requires quick reflexes that not everyone has. Even those with quicker reflexes will experience greater immersion from the feel a progressive tire squeal imparts. Realists might object that in reality you can't hear the tires over the engine. Well in a real car you do feel G-forces which provide important driving feedback. For those who don't want the feedback from a progressive tire squeal there is option to turn off tire sounds.

Thanks for your consideration,
    SW

PS rF2