Reposition Parts of HUD

Discussion in 'User Interface and HUD Modding' started by lopsided, Oct 23, 2012.

1. lopsided

lopsided Registered

Ok, I'm not a modder and may be over my head but if you can help me that would be great. Just remember to word the answer appropriately ...non-modder. lol

I like to use the tach with speedometer, however, when I choose this layout it shows it in the lower right corner which places the other info (mfd) in the upper right hand corner directly over the rearview mirror.
    Can a simple-ton like myself re-position that with relative ease?

2. DocJones

DocJones Registered

There is a HUD editor in Developer Mode. I guess what you have to do is repackage your HUD as a new component after you made your adjustments and install that in rF2. The HUD editor is pretty straight forward, just play around with the different options and see what they do. Can't help with how to create a new component though.

3. lopsided

lopsided Registered

Thanks. I had not been in the Dev Mode before. When trying to use the HUD editor I get the response "Must use resolution of 1280 x 960". That particular resolution is not an option on any of my computers. What am I missing?

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Three and a half years later...

Is there a simple way to move the "LCD" screen in the HUD (with the various selectable panels like temps and car damage and timing). I just want to move it to the lower right hand portion of the screen instead of it being in the lower middle.

5. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

Not sure how I missed this, but was easily solved by opening the ini for the HUD you are working on and changing the entries to both Screen_Rez_X = AND
    Screen_Rez_Y = so that it matches the resolution you are working in.

6. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

I'm not sure I understand correctly as Temps, Car Damage, and Timing are all non-selectable. Just open and edit anything that is labeled *MFD* (MultiFunctionDisplay) and move appropriately. Each Page in the MFD has its own set items and to move the entire thing requires editing every Page. Keep in mind the car needs to have the ignition switch on to display much of the info in the MFD.