Replay with TrackIR

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Golanv, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Golanv

Golanv Registered

I dont know has this been discussed yet at all, but here goes.

When using TrackIR, the replay is not right. The cameras are all wonky and mostly underground. Is there a way around this "bug" or is it just incompatibility issue that needs solving at ISI/Naturalpoint end?

2. Bart S

Bart S Member

+1 I get this too its terrible, I have to keep sat up in the chair to minimize this effect. ISI need to fix it, its a problem that occurs the moment you leave the replay room and jump into replay. I think it needs to be constantly reset.
    Also if you move you traverse your head left right foreward backward up down you get to move the camera but it has no effect with the roll axis which kind of makes something feel missing. Theres also another view I think swingman where the effects of the roll axis are enabled but it is uncontrollable.

3. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Well, I can't use free cam at all while using trackIR... the camera starts to rotating in random direction. This makes it impossible to take any screenshot while using trackIR. Need to be fixed, indeed.

4. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

+ 1 ISI please fix this bug

5. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

+1

I also have these problems.

I would also like sound directions (stereo/surround) to be tied in with the head movement.... and recording the head tracking data in the replay file would be awesome :)

6. Bart S

Bart S Member

It is controllable but its like catching a slide at first and then giving tiny input to nudge it where you want it. I have managedsort of get it working but its as far from usable as blunt knife to cut steel

7. Jego

Jego Registered

I know this is a old thread, but is there any fix for this by now? I searched and couldnt find anything regarding a fix to this problem.

8. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

I can see a workaround for this, temporarily. Drive the race or whatever with TrackIR, exit the game, run the game without TrackIR this time, and view the replay through "options/replay"

Inconvenient, yes, but it will work for now I think.

Now if you want to keep your head movements in the replay, that's a whole other story. But I don't understand that to be the issue here.

Only thing is that pesky realroad bug when loading a replay, but I actually haven't noticed that in the current build :)

9. Paddler

Paddler Registered

Exactly the same problem here! Please fix! Thx