Renewal message

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Esteve Rueda, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

I formatted my PC yesterday, and I forgot to save ccredentials file... but I also thought I had all my actiations and when I tried to activate the game It says me:

"We see that your system has changed, please contact renewals@rFactor.net so we can help you reactivate rFactor 2 in your new system configuration."

I have to complete 50 laps in Croft with Camaro GT3 before Wednesday 13th at 23.59(CET) to be allowed to race Thursday in a league race. Can this be solved? I sent an e-mail, but I'm not sure if this will go fast or what... so I post this here to make sure will be read :eek:

want to race!! :rolleyes:

2. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

My experience with changing email - was two days, but you are going to different department. Could be sooner, but then maybe not.
    You may just have to chalk this up to an experience for future reference. Looking at it from a different view, if this is all you forgot to back up before a reformat, you did excellent. (I certainly never remember everything)
    Sorry for your mishap.

3. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Nah, if It's not possible to do It at time, just bad luck for me xD next time I will not forget this kind of stuff.

4. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

OK, I think I will not rade tomorrow :mad: as I said, I will not forgive this again xD

But I hope to have this reactivated before friday, I have to race in SimHQ the 24h Lemans and one stint in 8h Bahrain race in RD xD I'm a busy driver. Worst week to format PC, :(

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

The guy doing it is probably going to be curious about your activations, as there's a pattern that is sometimes indicative of an account being shared. You're aware that your rF2 purchase is tied to you, and haven't shared it, right?

6. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

I didn't share, and I was sure I had all activations o_O I just reinstalled many times (way more than 5), almost every build, and sometimes to clean my installation after some tests. I thought my credentials was saved because never had any problem and never formatted :(

Edit: And It don't say me I used all my activations as others, only says me I changed my system (I just formatted from recovery default partition)

Edit2: I would never share my accounts... too much info, just see my activity, crazy xD

7. 88mphTim

There's three distinctly different systems that you've activated on, your activations are going to get used up quicker when you do that. You've only reactivated on each machine 2 times, 2 times, 1 time, and tracing the IPs makes things even more odd. That's the confusing bit if you've just reinstalled/formatted.

8. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Three systems? I will try to remember...

A temporal laptop when my old PC died (i didn't install rF2 in old PC), PC I have now with Packard Bell Mother board, and the same PC with Gigabyte motherboarth. If not, I'm not sure what can be the third. IP is for sure my ISP, Movstar Spain, I'm sure I have dynamic IP.

But If time can be checked, check It because was allways every lot of time, with every build or at begining with the new PC. And IPs can't be two at the same time frame... because I can ensure you I never shared this account.

PS: I just didn't remember that laptop first months of beta o_O but form that day I only used rF2 in this PC. I'm so confussed now... :confused: :(

Edit: and my playing IPs have to match with my forum IPs... 100% sure.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2013
  9. 88mphTim

That helped, thanks.

I will add 1 renewal to your account so you can get to your race, but you should still work with the guy answering renewals to get your full 5 as I don't know enough to give you more, and it's his role I don't want to step on his toes. Normally people have the same machine or just a couple where you can see it was an upgrade, so it's easier then for me to do it when someone posts in the forum. I normally just do it to help.

10. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Thanks! I will never forgive this again... I was so confussed. Just bad luck with my machines...

PS: how I contact with renewals guy to solve my problem? I mailed to renewals@rFactor.net but I have no response :O I'm pleased to give any information needed. But for now It's more than enough, I have no plans to renew my PC untill next summer :D

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2013
  11. 88mphTim

If you already mailed, he will reply. Make sure you have added our emails to spam filters, etc:
    http://rfactor.net/web/email-issues/

12. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered