Remove (Server) Practice Session Penalties?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zerocool, Nov 22, 2014.

1. zerocool

zerocool Registered

Does anyone know if we can disable the practice session penalties?
    Speeding in pitlane in practice session is really what I want to remove the most.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2014
  2. Surrexen

Surrexen Registered

Does turning flag rules off for practice help?

3. zerocool

zerocool Registered

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Best answer for me is always pit out and in properly even if you in a room with no flags.

The more you practice it the better you get and save time in races.

Would it be good for real drivers consistency if they changed things like that session to session.

In Historic days they had no enforced pit limits or speedo but they stuck to a formula.

If you want to get with someone else in practice close, get in your car watch the other car real-time in car, for instance if you pit out at Monza when a slower car like F3 is into Parabolica it is too late , where as Belgium a car at La Source hairpin you have time to spare.

But make sure you are fired up earlier then you need use manual ignition/starter.

-----------------------

Once you master all that pretty well then you can do dounts, play choos choos and feed the moos moos at Belgium, jump rivers and pit speed with the other incorrigibles ......including me........ loool

;)

5. zerocool

zerocool Registered

Thank you, and I get all of that, I've been sim racing since like 1996 so I understand the racing rules and the realism of the sim. I was just asking if there is any way to disable the flags option in practice mode. It seems silly to get a stop and go or drive through penalty when I am not even in a race session. As far as I know they don't hand out those kinds of penalties in real life practice sessions, but I guess I could be wrong. Either way I would like to disable it on my server.

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I sort of understood that too ;)

Was just heads to others ......esp rookies. :)

7. zerocool

zerocool Registered

Yeah thanks again.

I guess as similar as RF2 is to RF1 I will have to give up some of the little things like bypassing penalties in practice mode or having a non-collidable safety cars.

It looks like changing this:
    CHAMP Safety Car Collidable":true,

To this doesn't work either.
    CHAMP Safety Car Collidable":false,

Still though, penalties in practice mode just seems kinda crazy but I gues I'll make it through this. ;)

8. Josh.H

Josh.H Registered

If this is for a server then try MULTI Safety Car Collidable instead of CHAMP. MULTI prefixed settings are for servers, GPRIX for single player and I don't think CHAMP does anything.

9. zerocool

zerocool Registered

Yeah that doesn't work either. I noticed that ""CHAMP Safety Car Collidable":false,"" changes back to ""CHAMP Safety Car Collidable":true,"" each time I edit it so I thought that was the problem.

10. stonec

stonec Registered

Using "black only" option in flag rules will not penalize for pitlane speeding in practice, at least as far as I remember. Regarding rF1 you should post in rF1 forum section, this forum is for rF2.

11. zerocool

zerocool Registered

This IS an RF2 question. CHAMP Safety Car Collidable":false, is an RF2 option but it constantly reverts back to true. I said the penalties were similar to RF1.

And yes of course "black only" will turn off the practice session penalties, as well as the penalties in the other sessions, which is not what I want.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2014
  12. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Why dont you just put speed limit very high.

13. stonec

stonec Registered

CHAMP is player file keyword used for Championship. There exists no championship mode (as of yet) in rF2, so naturally it has no relevance. I think it's some leftover parameter from F1 Challenge or rF1.

I don't think "black only" turns off all penalties in other sessions, we use it for hosting races and it does penalize pitlane speeding etc in race.

14. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

edit: nm