[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Yes indeed, I play without HDR... I was using it until recently tho. I started playing the game with everything turned on, and HDR on. Sort of gotten used to it, but when silverstone came around, I was playing with settings to try to have better performance, and disabled HDR to see.

It was a revelation! Playing Mills again with no HDR was an eye opener too!

Playing at night is a must with no hdr.. I was not playing at night at first because I found I couldnt see anything (was playing with HDR), and thought the game needed more tweaks or something... but turns out that night driving is perfectly fine...

ISI should mention it somewhere, as I feel many users as playing with "all the bells and whistles", so HDR turned on, and probably think that night driving is impossible, can't see.

I prefer HDR used in replays and screenshots, but I now prefer no hdr for playing live.

2. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

3. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Thank you very much R1CHO :) worked perfectly!

I didnt knew you could have multiple definitions in one instance. Did you? Or you just thought about it?

Anyway, that was cleaver!

4. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

To get a proper night visibility using the HDR you've just to setup properly your HDR profile for night elements. Of course if you're expecting to see as much as with the LDR this is not going to happen and it's something totally unrealistic, especially for this place with plenty of humongous trees along the track.

5. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

Mate All i did was refer back too rf1 thats how it read in nos tourist fall Thats the only one ive raced and i knew it worked on that layout ;) I dont know what the others say but I'm certain there where other layouts on the same track that didnt work

I'll turn all your racesurface objects into 1 if you like that way you only need the 1 instance inthe scn for race surface objects and I think this will help Mario run it threw Max as he wont have to play with numerous objects

6. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

No I looked at it and went huh ?:confused: lol

but it worked ;0

but i couldnt see any of the "Professionals" Solving this hahahahaha
    Sorry couldnt help myself :)

7. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

8. pleclair

pleclair Registered

I've located the glitch... I didnt knew which corner was named Wehrseifen. Found out, and it turns out the fences is a few pixels off.

I'll need to do this with 3dsmax as I need to enlarge it a little, since moving it with 3dsimed resulted in the other end having a gap.

Should be fixed in the next or so release.

Thanks!

Did you found this by grinding the fences all the way, or you were just unlucky and hit this spot? Cause I remember you found this pretty quickly! :)

9. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Prices here: http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/prices.php.
    I had a bit of a laugh at the 'Optional extras'. You really need best not to get them :eek::).

Pleclair, is there a way to make the armco visible from both sides for some parts of the track. There are parts of the track when driving down a hill you would need to see the reverse side too, see screen shot marked with red arrows.
    View attachment 9299
    No big deal if not.
    Well done for getting night lights to work.
    Big thank you again for all your hard work. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2013
  10. speed1

speed1 Banned

Plecair i would lie if i would say, i know todays conditions. It was many years ago and it was per Round. It is not worth the payment if the pocket isn't full of Dollars. The track has a learning curve which makes it impossible to beat the hell out of a car and enjoy it from a handfull rounds. It needs much money and time.

The GP track isn't free for public and a better alternative is Hockenheim because its cheaper and time limited not just a round. Sorry i know you are going to love this track. Believe me, me too but i'm not in the position anymore to ride on.
    I'm sure one of our German members could give you more specific info about the price and todays conditions.

And btw your learning curve is impressive.

11. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

Another issue is the track edge instance in between the Racesurface instances... to save you hours of deleting here is the trackedge in one piece also and an updated scn for 0.91 with the two instances to Racesurface_track01( few posts up) and roadedge_01

here http://www.mediafire.com/download/lxtzot5qm3wnoo6/Roadedge_Nords.7z

Youll have trouble splitng the materials you want to be Roadshader As some.. ie the ripples have grass as the texture also

So i left it in 1 piece

12. tjc

tjc Registered

Really good to see all those that can help out, chipping in.

Good stuff.

I`m still not home for a couple of days so haven`t turned a wheel here yet but I suppose it`s something to look forward too.

:)

13. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Thanks! I'll check this out. Dunno how it will be performance wise to have an object that big? Have you tried it? Also, should be noted that a gmt can only be lit by 4 lights... so the whole track will only be able to have 4 lights with this setup.. There arent many lights around, but driving at night revealed a few of them, likely more than 4 on the whole ring.

As soon as I have the full scene loaded into max, I'll be redoing the edges, splitting the kerbs properly from the road edges..

I noticed the texture of the kerbs includes grass. But, as far as I know, when you detach something in 3dsmax, the texture mapping is kept. So in theory, I shouldnt have much work to do on that matter.

When I split the roadsurface and road edges, every fell into place just as it were previously, so I would think the same will happen with the kerbs.

But considering the track is made from so many different surfaces, I think it easier to manage in segments than as a whole? At least, I'd feel more comfortable now, since I know the segments well.

Either way, thanks for this, I'll be looking this up when I start redoing the edges!

I have looked in the AIW, and there seems to be quite a bit of pit boxes? There are 11 teams section, so 11 garages, and there is 2-3 pit boxes per teams... do we really need more?

Also, how can I reveal in game where the others are? Without having a race with a bunch of AIs and looking where they go when they pit... which obviously would be time consuming!

14. pleclair

pleclair Registered

The texture on the fences will get fixed, yes :) I noticed that while looking at a replay. I believe I only have to duplicate the fencing polygon, flip it on the other side, and that should do it.

I've just fixed the fence Hoover reported, and I noticed those fences are exactly made like that. There is two objects, one for the front side, and another for the back side. They are sitting right on top of each other, so at first I didnt notice.

But as it is currently only a minor issue, it will likely not be fixed in the next update or two. Eventually, it will for sure!

EDIT: Looked at the pricing, and wow... looks like there is 99.9% chance I will never go there :)

I was looking at the pricing for a weekend, and was thinking wow, thats almost a great deal! But the laps arent included.. lol!

I didnt see the options tho... better that way! Sigh...

15. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

I don't know why, but I can't apply an HDR profile for this track (0.91). It's just an empty field, while on other tracks I can choose hdr profiles normally..

16. Tosch

Tosch Registered

The folder name has changed. It is now "rF2DataFolder\UserData\player\Settings\Nordschleife_Tourist". Copy your profiles to that location.

17. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

Yeah I did wonder what it would do to performance.. I havent tested that..But I have done it to my tracks with no problem.... maybe once you get the textures right put them into 4 or 5 sections..I wasnt aware of the lighting thing either, and yes there are many road texture's to change so any texture that doesnt have Roadshader setting will Have the yellow effect when its 1 object

I think the aiw editor in mod dev mode shows where the pit stalls are and you can also move them to where you want

pit boxes ATM may also be on top of each other ..so you may have 3 boxes per team but they might be on top of each other. really only allowing 11 spots to do a stop.. have a look at Tourist Fall AIW it has 52 pit spots might not fix the angled red box but might be better

18. ZeosPantera

ZeosPantera Registered

For when it comes time to modify the trees.. This should be really helpful.

19. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

It works now.. Dankeshoen!

20. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

i have a strange lights issue on the cars. they flash randomly!

its no HDR and 8.30pm. is this a known issue? (apologies for poor video, just to show the issue)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2013