[RELEASE] Nordschleife Tourist v1.65 beta

Discussion in 'Locations' started by pleclair, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Sido Weijer

Sido Weijer Registered

Today?;)

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Are they lowered yet?

:)

3. argo0

argo0 Registered

Pleclair, I'd like the curbs lowered and a 60s Nords on my hard drive by morning. That is all.

4. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Thanks for your response, preclaire. Yeah i meant the mesh with new version since your return to the forum. I will download. Thanks.

5. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

You will easily beat the first if you stay at full throttle at Hatzenbach, Flugplatz, Schwedenkreuz, Metzgesfeld, Miss-Hit-Miss, Lauda-Link and Angst Kurve.
    http://www.nurburgringexplorer.com/...rmation/Nurburgring_Nordschleife_Corner_Names

6. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I saw than a new version has been released during my professional trip, thanks a bunch Pleclair for your hard work :)

Unfortunately first post don't seems to be updated when new version happen (did I missed something?), and I'm tired to read all posts to retrieve the last available links (I already spent lot of time reading lot of post I missed without finding yet the last release from pleclair...) . My brain is blurred due to my plane back trip so I may have missed something big, pgfffiiiuuu ;)

Can somebody point me on the most recent release post, or provide a way to find it easily (it's not in the Third Party link of rF2 Forum AFAIK)?

Thanks Guys!, and thanks again Pleclair :)

7. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

8. McFlex

McFlex Registered

That would be sooooooooo great if you could do that. Make them as low as you want. :D Maybe 1mm? :D

9. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Well... I wanted to start working on the kerbstones, but I can't at the moment. Here is why... I need the 64bit exporter badly.

When I did the forest, as you already may know if you have followed the thread, I had to make two new Max files to contain them. As they need to sit on a terrain, obviously, I imported the terrain objects needed for the forest objects. So I have like 2/3 of the track in one file, and the other 1/3 in the other.

I started working on the kerbstones using the only Max file I had prior to working on the forest, but I can't use this. The terrain changed since. I have modified mountains, fixed the left side of the road in kallenhard... etc...

And I cannot do much with these heavy Max files.. they are already on the brink of unstability. For instance, I wanted to delete the objects I didnt needed for one file (like the 1/3 that was there but not needed in the Max file containing 2/3 of the forest, and vice versa), and just deleting the objects and trying to save, resulted in a crash.

So, until ISI releases a 64 bit plugin, I cannot do much in the meantime.

I have successfully imported everything in the 64bit of Max... but I can't do anything with it.. can't export, can't see anything, everything is white.

I have already requested it, but haven't heard about it yet.

10. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Maybe once you open the scene you randomly isolate a mesh, and start unhiding all the stuff you want to remove from the scene to clean it up :)

Also, those trees, are they all separate meshes? It's better performance wise to merge into objects, same for rF2.

11. pleclair

pleclair Registered

In the meantime, here is the new AI update:

https://mega.co.nz/#!gUZ31DQJ!u3E5-URYJc-qCkjuCNR5pbiV6PJe6O50mv9x4w8dJEk

It fixes the little slowdown there was coming after 1 full lap at start finish, wasnt much, but was noticeable if you were tailing them...

and the paddock garage are all redone, should be easier to get out of all spots, I havent seen any AI jam up... but I can only run 12-16 AI or so.

The lines out of the paddock are now really smooth, smoother than they originally were too. Looking pretty good.

Let me know how it goes for you.

12. pleclair

pleclair Registered

There two scenes are already clean, they contain only the terrain objects and forest objects, they were started from a scratch max file, imported the terrain objects, and created the forests.

Its a well known issue btw... search google for 3dsmax crash when saving... and you'll see plenty of threads, and all have one thing in common, they are all heavy scenes, in 32bit max..

And when this happens, Max is using 2.5-3gb ram... so its at its limit... for a 32bit process.

Nothing I can do here... and I won't split in more files, I'll rather wait for a proper solution to happen.

13. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Hmm, okay, that does suck. Can't remember having that kind of trouble when messing with Targa Florio for a bit though.

14. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Well, 32bit can handle a good deal... it could handle the full nord scene before the forest... but was really near limit.. cause after I started to create forest in this file... when I had the dottinger hohe done to the nurburg castle, it started to crash... so it was near already.

The forest objets are very heavy, since they are custom objects and have a bunch of properties... if I convert to poly, I would probably be fine, but I don't want that, since I want to be able to modify them at will.... if I change the terrain, they adapt to it with them being in custom objects... so that's only one reason why I want them to stay this way.

EDIT: Another reason is, I will later add more tree variety to the unique tree textures list I have... I have some 35-40 unique trees, I'll add some more...

it will be real easy to do so... only add the new trees in the forest objects list, set the properties like probability, size, etc... and export... piece of cake :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2014
  15. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Good news guys :) ISI will make a 64bit exporter plugin :) I don't know the details yet when it will be available, but at least I have the confirmation it will be worked on!

I'm really happy about it, many thanks to ISI, you guys rock.

16. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

Do you need help for trackside camera ?

17. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Have you started working on something already?

Cause I know some cameras need to be re-positioned, since they are blocked by trees, but I will play some more with the trees, removing those who got spilled before the guardrail.

Otherwise, I'll give it a try when I finalize the trees, but it will be my first time with the camera editor, so if you think you can do better once this happens, by all means, you can have a go for it. :)

But I'd like to learn about it... I'm getting more familiar with the dev mode, got the aiw puzzle figured out, and I went into the camera editor a bit, and seen the ambience sound... think I'll play with that as well! How about some crowd cheer sounds when you pass by crowds? I thought it would be nice! :)

I don't see any nature ambient sound in the list tho... I could also add a generic announcer in the paddock? Would it make sense? Do we hear an announcer in the paddock over there? Or again, crowd sounds?

Let me know what you think.. if you have any ambient sound that we could add everywhere, like we hear in Mores, let me know, it would be a nice addition I think

18. Tosch

Tosch Registered

The ambient sound you are looking for is "BIRD_AMBIENCE.WAV" but you can't find it in devmode. The shared sound.mas file is different from game mode, not updated for ages (like a lot of other files :mad:) and it's locked. Just make a copy of one of the devmode sound files, rename it to "BIRD_AMBIENCE.WAV" and you can add the sound to the cam file. The ingame sound will work like it should. Have done this at Essington.

19. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

Not yet, maybe i'll start this weekend.

20. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Great to hear, awesome!