Release Date - Date 2012?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by can`t wait 4 rF2, Dec 22, 2011.

1. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Where is this stated? He only said no for sure to the "Before 25th". So it can still be a exe before 2012.

2. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

3. dragon

dragon Registered

I hope that this will take place in the first week of January 2012. Yes I would love to be right. Though this time. ;) I have right?

4. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

5. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Sorry, but I'm just too lazy today to paste you additional links... that kind of discussion was already on the forum a few times and right now it is clear for anybody who reads the forum - no open beta until the beginning of January 2012, though no specific date was given.

6. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

I also think, he confirmed that holiday time is supposed to be till end of the year.
    It means that beta will not be released this year.

7. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered

I'd like to see it released just to shut people up, and stop them asking.

8. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'd like to see a post tomorrow saying it's ready, but because these people:

Kept asking over and over they've decided to delay it 12 days... and anytime someone asks they'll add 2 hours to it.

Except then we'll get wreckers :rolleyes:

9. Jux

Jux Registered

It is gonna be a close one.

10. brook

brook Registered

11. DougSpinster

DougSpinster Registered

Look what I found posted at SIM RACING WORLD.

I highlighted in red the posting date (December 24th) of the article and the possible launch frame of the
    Official rFactor 2 game. Q2 is like from April to June 2012. Can ISI Confirm this?
    Source: http://www.simracingworld.com/games/281-rfactor-2/

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2011
  12. Luc Van Camp

Luc Van Camp Track Team Staff Member

If it wasn't confirmed through the usual official channels, then it hasn't been confirmed. In other words, their guess is as good as anyone else's.

13. MarcG

MarcG Registered

thats just a rough guesstimate from a gaming website, would'nt read anything into that.

14. slow_duck

slow_duck Registered

2011 is canceled here...----> http://rfactor.net/ But i think it means the final 1.0 released in 2012

15. mikeyk1985

mikeyk1985 Registered

I would bet money on it arriving before the 12th of jan and not before the 1st.

16. Mr.Ferret

Mr.Ferret Registered

Q2 could be right if they are talking about the 1.0 release. My personal feeling will be earliest next week latest 3 weeks depending on what major bugs and major features that still need fixing up (ie tying in all the majority of the weather system, visual lateral tire movement) It also depends how much ISI want to test it before release and what if any fixing needs to be done.

Realistically isi are a team of 6 - 12 people they don't have the time to do do 10 full races a day to find out that refueling isn't accurate or engine wear isn't working correctly etc. They simply don't have the man power for it and i don't blame them, that's what this open beta is for people are gonna do long races and push the technology to its limits.

The thing i would imagine ISI are worried about is that people WONT see this as a beta and rather a demo or an actual release and treat it as such, and i cant blame them for wanting to get it relatively perfect before giving it out to the real world despite being beta software.

Either way there will be bugs some worse than others and they want to get the core of the game working and we are here to help solidify it as a base for rF2's future growth.

Bring on rF2 be it next week or the end of the month :)

17. Bty

Bty Registered

I just ordered my Nvidia 570 so fr2 has to come the day after my mail delivery. :)

18. dragon

dragon Registered

I knew that rF2.exe won't be at this year but I am still looking on this page each day, lol :confused:

19. CraigT

CraigT Registered

Me too but it's more to see how some of these kids try to ask the same questions in different ways so it seems like they are the first to ask it so Tim and everyone else at ISI will be tricked into divulging the release date. Some of these people must drive their parents nuts asking "are we there yet?"