NEED INFO Release Candidate Stutters

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Coutie, Apr 29, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

The 3080 I bought was the ASUS RTX 3080 TUF OC 10GB, I can highly recommend this card, it holds clock speeds extremely well and runs very cool and quiet. The highest temp recorded so far is 61c but averages at about 55-57c. Recommended PSU with your current CPU and this card is 750watts running windows-10. I can't comment about VR because I don't use it, the main reason is it makes me feel extremely ill and I don't like sort of being cut off from the outside world. Best of luck with the Steam VR.

Binny likes this.
  2. sman

sman Registered

sorry forgot to thank you , this was indeed causing the problem

davehenrie likes this.
  3. Chris M

Chris M Registered

I was experiencing random stuttering which would happen for a couple of minutes at a time, which I initially assumed to be thermal throttling. After doing a heap of testing with a number of diagnostic tools, I found all my hardware to be within acceptable operating limits.

Anyway, focusing my efforts on a possible software issue, I disabled Real Time Protection from Windows Defender (Windows 10) and my stuttering issue has so far gone away. I had to disable real time protection using powershell to keep it off.

If you're trying different things to see what's going wrong , you could always try disabling your windows defender, real time protection - to see if your computer performance improves.

atomed, davehenrie and Lazza like this.
  4. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

I disabled Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop in Task Manager under the Startup tab. This helped make rF2 run smoother for me with more consistent FPS. Screen shot of my disabled startups in Task Manager.
    Screen.jpg
    Do not disable Realtek HD Audio Manager if you haven't got a separate sound card.
    Your startup list will look different depending on what you have installed. My moto is if you don't use it or need it disable it, you can always restart it if you require it.

atomed likes this.
  5. Yeswecams

Yeswecams Registered

My game seems quite smooth since I updated the Nvidia drivers and set priority Hight in task manager.
    Exception for sparkles and all configuration of Nurburgring where I can see a lot of stutters.

Binny and Hinyaldee like this.
  6. EricW

EricW Registered

a occasional stutter/freeze can (in my case) also be caused by de replay system.
    try to turn it off,
    or when you have enough system memory installed (i asume >16GB as RF2 uses a lot).
    "Record To Memory":true, in the Player.Json file.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.