Region and Alpha layer instruction or guide?

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by TheSecret1, Feb 9, 2022.

1. TheSecret1

TheSecret1 Registered

Hey, I have been trying to find more information on how to build the Region and Alpha layers.
    Do you know of a good video explaining how to create them?

I have done a lot of Googling, however with the videos they started with flat files, and I want to keep the layers so I can edit if required. So I am hoping for something that starts with the PSD file and then creates Regions and Alpha layers please.

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Have you seen this? https://docs.studio-397.com/users-guide/how-to-paint-a-car-with-the-new-material-system

3. TheSecret1

TheSecret1 Registered

4. Smeghead

Smeghead Registered

a tip I cold give which makes creating the regions very simple to to have everything in groups.
    ie. all carbon fiber in 1 group, all stickers in another group (probably many subgroups within that group like numbers, nose, rear wing, halo, body etc)
    but the point is when you want to make the region map. I make a duplicate of the relevant group, convert it to a smart object, then I can control/click the smart object (which selects all the contents) and then use the selection to create a layer mask for the relevant colour in the region map.

Brent likes this.