Reflections/Evironment Maps

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by deecee, Jan 13, 2012.

1. deecee

deecee Registered

Really enjoying the Beta, performance on my system fully max'd is actually really good.

One thing I've noticed though, the reflections on the cars are still static maps as per RF1, I thought RF2 was suppossed to implement realtime reflections? Did I read this incorrectly or has this feature been disabled at current time? The massively improved shadowing does make it less obvious however.

I realise, even the most advanced gfx engines use a mixture of staic and realtime maps depending on view etc. but I'm quite suprised to see no improvement in this area.

Final thought....I know a few people have expressed the GFX are not what they expected from a 2012 title but is this due to being spoilt by the photo modes and replay modes of recent console and PC ported titles or the actual 'in car' GFX experience they are refering to?

For me, the in car GFX levels are getting near to what I anticipated (apart from the very short view distance for shadows and lighting) but when viewed in replays/showroom, look a generation older. This is surely down to the lack of Postprocessing and the fact I've become used to watching amazing quality replays in other titles.

Thoughts?

PS, the driving experience is fantastic and can only improve over the next 6 months, I just hope other areas of the presentation can catch up to this level and we have a serious new title on our hands for the next few years.

Lots of work to be done, lots of fun to be had.....