SOLVED Reflect of static object in the water

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by fab06, Jul 30, 2016.

1. fab06

fab06 Registered

hi again :)

View attachment 20524

so , has you see in the screenshot , reflect of boats are 2 metres up , i try to change the values of "ReflectPlane" of the objects in the SCN
    nothing change , the reflect won't move ..

does someone got the solution perhaps ??

( sorry for my bad english :eek: )

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2016
  2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

I'm pretty sure you only use the global reflect plane for the wet track reflections, but maybe I'm wrong. You probably want a static reflector, and you would apply that to a material that has a cube map, like bump specular cube t1, set the cube map stage to be a live mapper, and write in which static reflector you're using on the main page of the material.

3. fab06

fab06 Registered

im using the object in "ReflectedEnv" at the end of the SCN to have the reflect in the water , but after i don't understand which value to changed for to modified the high of the reflect in the water ..

View attachment 20532

in 3DSimed , when i changed the value , reflect moved to the rigth place , but not in the game , it seems the reflect don't want to move , even if i changed the value up or down .. its always 2 meter up of the good place ..

4. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Well, did you make sure it changed in the scn file too?

5. fab06

fab06 Registered

yes , i change myself the value in the scn file for each object , but it won't do anything ingame .. that is the problem :confused:

with all same value , some object have the good reflection (screen 1) and other no (screen 2) but even if i change the value , it does nothing , they stay like in the screenshot ..

View attachment 20536

View attachment 20537

6. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

You are using REFLECTEDENV for water reflections, right?

I'm not familiar with 3DSimEd, but you should able to check following things in 3DSimEd too.

- How is you refPlane_Global - plane oriented? Is it same level with your water? If its not, that would explain why some objects are reflected correctly on water and others are not.
    - If you cannot move refPlane_Global same level with water, then you can create additional local plane (refplane_SomeName) near troublesome objects. Remember to tick "use local plane" in objects properties, which should use this additional plane. Then these objects are ready to be assigned to REFLECTEDENV.

7. fab06

fab06 Registered

i have not the option "use local plane" in 3dSimed , but i created again the same object in static01 reflection in the SCN file with a global position at zero and it works well now :D

tanks to all for help and explanation :rolleyes: