Red-flagging and restarting a race?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jorgen, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

In our league we have been discussing how to red flag and restart a race due to people sometimes being disconnected during the formation lap. Restarting the whole race weekend obviously works, but since we have been using both the recon and formation lap procedures, it has taken quite a bit of time. Ideally you would be able to throw a red flag from the server console and decide whether or not to restart from the beginning, or from the current lap. Are red flags and race restarts currently implemented in rFactor2? I haven't managed to find anything while looking through the various configuration files, so any information on this would be very welcome. And, if it's not implemented, are there plans for it?

Also, somewhat related, is it possible to configure a server to allow a player who got disconnected during the race to re-join the server and the race again? Questionable for shorter races perhaps, but for endurance racing it's almost a must-have.

Thanks.

2. Radar

Radar Registered

Short answer.. No.. (Red Flag)

For re-joining.. There is a rule you can turn on in the player file (on the server) (it could be multiplayer but I'm sure it's the plr file), where a disconnected driver can re-join the race.. If yet to test it properly and can only assume that the driver would start from the pit box... Main thing is, the rule is in place :)

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

We will also be working on rejoining and improving that area of the code. And I believe 101 introduced a disconnection issue that we are working on also.

4. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Thanks!
    @Tim: Are there any future plans for red flag handling? (Similar to how you can do a /throwyellow in the server console)